Well, it's that time of the year again.

/ Well, it's that time of the year again. #1  

ptsg

Tractor
Branson F36Rn - Agria 8900D
With summer and high temperatures coming in, here comes the wildfires with it. The most frustrating part about this is 90% of the ignition have criminal origins.

This is the situation about 15 miles East from me near a small village where I used to play roller hockey. Lots of houses and lives in danger with lots of small villages being evacuated. The firemen couldn't control theses fires from the beginning because they were already spread out on another huge fire about 40 miles East that has been going for nearly a week. If that wasn't enough, people with bad intentions kept lighting more ignitions in from of them. What wrong with these people?

The locals try to help and save their propriety with whatever they can use. Shovels, hoes, tractors with sprayers or tanker trailers.

Tomorrow will only get worse as the temperatures will raise even more. We're currently at 105 F and they expect 112 F tomorrow.

1657653795338.png
1657653806737.png
1657653831270.png
1657654188363.png

/ Well, it's that time of the year again. #2  
So sorry for your troubles bro!
You asked the question of the day! What do they have to gain? 🇺🇦☮️✌🏻

/ Well, it's that time of the year again.
I really don't know. Some have mental disorders, others are loggers with lobbies behind that sell the burnt wood at some crazy prices. It's a crazy world we live in I guess.

/ Well, it's that time of the year again. #4  
We have crazies here, too, though not the malicious loggers. Anything that is fire related can set them off; other fires, fireworks advertisements, fireworks shows, etc. It can take years to catch one.

We had one that set fires that burned to our property line three years running, and four more fires a mile away.

Stay safe.

All the best,

Peter

/ Well, it's that time of the year again. #5  
Sorry to hear that a lot of your fires are maliciously started. We are in drought conditions here and the bulk of our wildfires are caused by lightening strikes (17,730 in the last 24hrs). The human caused fires are usually caused by irresponsible idiots.

Hopefully, our drought conditions will be improving now. 47F this morning with 100% Humidity.

Good Luck to you and stay safe!

We're under a really severe drought as well, which doesn't help at all these situations. 66% of the country is under severe drought and 33% is under extreme drought. The water reservoirs (lakes, rivers, dams) have less than 15% of its capacity.

Some of the fires are caused by irresponsible people. Just last week, even though there were warnings all over the place and we're not allowed to burn stuff since March, an elderly man decided to burn a pile of brush on his yard that sits next to a big eucalyptus forest. Thankfully, the very fast response from the fireman took care of the fire quickly without any major consequences.

/ Well, it's that time of the year again. #7  
A few of the neighbors were celebrating July 4th with fireworks. It's been extremely hot and dry here all year. Had me pretty worried so stayed by the side road until about 11pm. My sister and BIL, came over and watched the front road. It's all 1-5ac size lots across both roads bordering my land. I just wanted to be sure they didn't shoot them this way. All was well.

A few of the neighbors were celebrating July 4th with fireworks. It's been extremely hot and dry here all year. Had me pretty worried so stayed by the side road until about 11pm. My sister and BIL, came over and watched the front road. It's all 1-5ac size lots across both roads bordering my land. I just wanted to be sure they didn't shoot them this way. All was well.
That's good to hear that nothing ended up happening. That could've very easily make for a bad night indeed.

Over here is technically forbidden to use fireworks if the fire risk is too high but we all know how that goes.

/ Well, it's that time of the year again. #9  
Sorry to see you're dealing with arsonists and wildfires; where I'm at it's not too common, but you see fires all across the country on the news and there is nothing about that I want any part of. Stay safe, stay cool, and just keep on keeping on.

Is that an Our Lady of Fatima monument? It's seems so splendidly out of place with all that roadway around it.

/ Well, it's that time of the year again. #10  
Sorry to see you're dealing with arsonists and wildfires; where I'm at it's not too common, but you see fires all across the country on the news and there is nothing about that I want any part of. Stay safe, stay cool, and just keep on keeping on.

Is that an Our Lady of Fatima monument? It's seems so splendidly out of place with all that roadway around it.
Well said. It's unfortunate to say the least, when people get their jollies at the expense of others. As you say, the western states have always had fires which we can only imagine; drought conditions in recent years have only made it worse.

Having said that I threw the Indian tank back into my truck tonight; things are also getting dry here and I would rather carry it and not need it than come across a fire with no way to fight it.