What have you hit with your mower lately?

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #21  
Long since i hope, found all the logging cable, decide to pick on some buried fencing. Not too bad, some sparks, flipped the switch, raised and braced the mower, got the diagonal cutters out and cut out a wad of fencing. My blades aren't particularly sharp as i want to pulverize the "pongee" sticks instead of making nice sharp ones.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #23  
Nothing, as it's pointless to mow the dust. Need rain, everything's dead.

I hit a rope a few months ago that wrapped around the spindle. Getting that cut free was a real PITA.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #24  
Nothing, as it's pointless to mow the dust. Need rain, everything's dead.

I hit a rope a few months ago that wrapped around the spindle. Getting that cut free was a real PITA.

Got you beat, ran over a dog run line. Took hours to get it unraveled from the ZTR. Used bolt cutters.

Hit a glass bottle day before yesterday with the push mower. Heard the pop, and could not find any glass bigger than a few shards. The plastic cap was the biggest piece.

Must be a new type of glass compound, either for recycling or landfill as that bottle ain't taking up any space anywhere. In it's new form factor. :)

/ What have you hit with your mower lately?
Got you beat, ran over a dog run line. Took hours to get it unraveled from the ZTR. Used bolt cutters.

Hit a glass bottle day before yesterday with the push mower. Heard the pop, and could not find any glass bigger than a few shards. The plastic cap was the biggest piece.

Must be a new type of glass compound, either for recycling or landfill as that bottle ain't taking up any space anywhere. In it's new form factor. :)
Gone back to sand

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #26  
Was mowing our field for the first time a few years back. Brush was 8 foot tall - couldn't really see what was what...

Out in front of the field gate, along the road needed cutting. Well, I didn't know then what I know now! There was a telco box out there. Communications along our road were cut around 11am that day when I went right over the box.

We called the telco and they sent the repair techs out. Instead of being mad, they said, "Thanks buddy. When VUDOT mows our boxes, we have to go find out where they did it! Takes us hours to find the smashed box. You saved us all kinds of time!"

I asked, "What's this going to cost us?" "Nothing. The two of us spend our entire summer fixing these kinds of smash ups." o_O
o_O o_O

That was four years ago.. have never repeated that one!

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #27  
Now and then I'll hit an old horse shoe. Which is odd, since there wouldn't have been any reason for a horse on my property. The abandoned logging cables are a huge pain. These are left over from the old growth clear cut that happened in the '30's so most of the cables are about a foot under ground with little loops that are exposed. Took years to find and remove most of them, on areas I mow. There are still a few I need to remove in the off trail wooded areas that trip me up now and then.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #28  
I'm guessing hte dog run line is metal. That sounds like a pita to get off.

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #29  
This was years ago with a little Honda push mower, but it's my most recent one.

I hit one of those stiff wire gardening stakes, about 1/8" solid steel, with a 2" horizontal circle at the top, all painted dark green. My sunshine and delight Ms. SmallChange left it in the grass, which barely hid it. It passed most of the way through the heavy rubber laminated textile guard that's supposed to keep me safe from flying debris, and stopped in between my feet.

I don't know what she has against me, unless it's just one of those insurance things....

/ What have you hit with your mower lately? #30  
4 point antler no damage but lot of noise.