Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #91  
I'm not going to bad mouth the XJ2025, but it's a much older machine with ergonomics that match; that said they seemed pretty similar in dimensions when next to one another.

The MT225S is roughly the size of a larger frame Deere 2 series, though it may more approach a 3 in weight, I don't recall the weight of the 3033R I was looking at. The MT2, essentially, uses the same Yanmar engine as the Deere 2025R but attaches it to a 3-range transaxle. It's got a nice, open operator platform as well, with a big adjustable seat.

The MT225S is a shot across the bow to the competition, I was extremely impressed with it.

I was also quite impressed with the Kioti CS 20 line, but they were too small for my use; they improved on the CS 10 in seemingly all ways.
I agree i liked the MT2 series it was just to small for my needs (that is not exactly true i could have done just about everything i wanted to do with the MT2 series it just would have been more time consuming and i would have had to be more patient). at the end of the day with 0% financing all of the options were doable and the price diff for a tractor that had 3X the capability's was only about 60%. I started out looking for the minimum that would work and ended up just getting what was comfortable for me to operate and that i knew would exceed my needs.

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #92  
The XJ is 8 inches shorter and 5 inches narrower and roughly 800lbs lighter than the MT225e.

He was comparing it to the MT225S, which despite the name has nothing in common with the MT225E, because confusion is fun.

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #93  
He was comparing it to the MT225S, which despite the name has nothing in common with the MT225E, because confusion is fun.
The E is the same size frame as the S, but it is about 700 pounds lighter. I know the E is the economy model. I never looked into anything that small, but I can use the web ok. :)

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #94  
The E is the same size frame as the S, but it is about 700 pounds lighter. I know the E is the economy model. I never looked into anything that small, but I can use the web ok. :)

They can't sit on the same frame, it's impossible.

Ok, it might not be impossible, but it seems the case when you're looking at them side by side. The MT225E is much more physically imposing.

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #95  
I'd always viewed them as being akin the the Kioti CX2510 and CK2610 in difference.

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #96  
It sounds like once you get the 1 acre brush area cleaned out you won’t really need a brush mower. Might be better to rent or pay someone to clean out that area then maintain with the belly mower. Any sub compact tractor with a loader will need a counter weight on the rear such as implement or weight box even with loaded tires. I agree with the others that more weight is your friend. Also take into consideration the regeneration system of over 25 horse engines. Some are good others not so much.

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #97  
My issue is (correct me if I’m wrong). If you are using the rear PTO implements and lowering them (blade, tiller exc) the mid pto also lowers at the same time.
No. There is a lock/store position the holds the MMM up if you drop the rear 3 point. Not sure what all brands or models have the, but mine does.

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #98  
I'm sure you will be amazed when you check
out the LS tractors as they are well made nice
warranty and some options on other name
tractors are standard on the LS tractors
Give them all a test drive so you will know
first hand what will suite your needs!

willy

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #99  
Honey Badger 2828,

Welcome to TBN.

Without asking what your big picture is, now or into the future, I would make the following three suggestions.
First: The BX230 machine has a front loader the B2301 does not so you are ahead of the game by having a front loader and what it enables you to do, otherwise they are essentially the same machine.
Second: The biggest mistake first time tractor owners make is buying too little machine. As you get used to using the tractor, you will want to do more and that requires weight and horse power.
Three: A tractor is only as good as the implements/ attachments that you can add to it to get work done. By having a loader, you have already checked off a major attachment.
I agree totally, I would’ve tried to buy kubota 50 hp, 4w/d with loader , backhoe, cab , and grapple bucket, I to have 5 acres, it has been in family since 1929. I found a Branson 30 hp no 4w/d. With a loader, blade, and shredder, from private seller .so if possible go bigger you won’t be sorry.

/ Recommended Tractor for 4.5 acres #100  
It may not be a popular opinion but I would not want to mow with a tractor (brush hog yes, weekly mow all summer no) I would rather have a bigger frame tractor and a lawn mower. My tractor is bigger then yours but with a loader on and especially with a rear blade it is big driving near buildings etc. I would get a zero turn to mow with and the biggest tractor I can afford for tractor duties. I have a TC45 (45hp new holland) and a lot less property then you, normally it is great occasionally it is to small for the tasks I try to do with the loader, moving trees, cement etc.
I think that's a very valid solution for many circumstances, one exception being where mowing steep hills is required - especially if the ground will sometimes be damp. My little 4wd tractor is great for the steep hills I mow at our lake cabin...as long as I travel vertically up & down it, of course. I would be really wary of a ZT there.

That said, guessing the OP might not be facing hill issues in Kansas.