The light can be bad some times.

/ The light can be bad some times. #1  

JasperFrank

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1220
I was coming down my hill today, and some folks, working on a neighbor's project, had parked in the shaded part of the road on a narrow corner and they both had black cars. I could not see them at all given the angles of sunlight. I could only detect them because of the many times I had done this corner, and something was off. I didn't know what was off, just that something was not right. So I braked hard and then saw the cars, in the road. If I didn't know the usual signs, of the road, I would have slammed into one of the cars.
I stopped and said, I can't see you parked here in the shade. And they were very nice, and said, they didn't know they were invisible. and moved the cars soon after. No one was at fault here. They didn't know the cars, as parked, were invisible given the light conditions, so I'm not mad at them. Yet, this is how accidents happen.

Last edited:
   / The light can be bad some times. #2  
Might of been a good time for those folks to use their 4 way flashers.

/ The light can be bad some times.
Yes. But they didn't know. To them, the cars were perfectly visible.

Last edited:
   / The light can be bad some times. #6  
Anyone found parking in a public road should lose their license and be neutered to prevent them reproducing more idiots. Ditto for those skulking around in fog and rain without turning lights on.
People that park on the shoulder to change a flat or diaper should have provisional license that forbid anyone under the age of 21 ridding with them until they could pass a test. The test would be to research number of fire engines and police cars are hit per month while flashing 10x as many and 3x as bright lights as found on cars.

/ The light can be bad some times. #7  
I'd bet that the majority of emergency vehicle hits are at night and due to excessively bright whiz-bang lighting. How anyone can expect someone to stare into a tig torch yet not suffer night blindness is inconceivable to me, but not to the policy wonks who mandate it.
Agreed on the parking in traffic lanes; I keep things trimmed back so you could get a three axle tractor off the road, but some idiots think that if they get a wheel off the pavement they'll be stuck or something.

/ The light can be bad some times. #9  
Most of the police vehicles hit on the road are in broad daylight