Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,052  
We dropped a few hummers and 5 tons between cars when the plates weren't secured. But they'd never leave the siding until inspected by military for two chains with load binders on each corner with the binder handles safety wired down.

I've never seen how they secure cars and pickups on rail cars.

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#2,053  
We dropped a few hummers and 5 tons between cars when the plates weren't secured. But they'd never leave the siding until inspected by military for two chains with load binders on each corner with the binder handles safety wired down.

I've never seen how they secure cars and pickups on rail cars.
I believe there are bound with load binders and chains.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,054  
I believe there are bound with load binders and chains.
Good question, All I know is they fill them pretty quick so I don't see how they could be tying them down but then I've only watched from a distance. I know back when the chip shortage was going on, they were moving Jeeps from various holding lots back the the main yard next to the plant and carrying the necessary chip with them so the engines would start. They drive them like they stole them too.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,055  
Inland Port woes...

I'm sure there is an advantage to this endeavor but the increased semi traffic may cause issues...especially where the intended routes north have been slated for upgrades yet there are sections that are still only 2 lanes...also there are some small towns that it is not financially feasible to build bypasses around them...

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,056  
It seems like the big issue with that port is, the Panamax container ships keep running aground there. Evergreen especially had bad luck.
I can see the Pacific (California) ports getting less and less traffic. It's all wadded up out there, in the bay as well as portside.

Loitering ships cost lots of money for the owners.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,057  
Doesn't show anyone tying anything down in this one of the auto train. Watch near the end as the train sails by and a car alarm is going off inside. :ROFLMAO:

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,058  
This one says each wheel is strapped or chocked.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,060  
Finally! This one shows wheel chocks at 3:00 in. Also says near the start that there were 8 wheel chocks per vehicle.