Are prices like this everywhere?

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #22  
I paid $3.54 for a gallon of gas last week. Today I saw gas for $4.09 for a gallon. Jon

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #23  
I volunteer to maintain some the equipment at a local State University. Surpized to learn that in the past, they were paying $400 a visit by a private company to do what I could in 20 minutes. Very simple stuffstuff

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #24  
I needed new tires on my 1995 F250 and Sams Club was the first place I looked because they usually have the best prices and the tire installation kit, including everything, is only $20 a tire. They were out of the size tires I needed and it would be 2 weeks to order them so I went online to Amazon and ordered 4 and got them in 2 days. Then I had to find a place to install them. I called 3 of the different shops I have used in the past. They all had the same price to install the tires, $250 plus tax! Finally I found a Mexican tire shop that only charged $100 to balance and install them and no charge for them to keep the old tires.

The truck ran a lot smoother with the new tires but not as smooth as when it was new so even though it only had 120,000 miles on it I thought about getting new shock absorbers. Checking online at Advance Auto Parts they had Monroes that met OEM specs for $36 each. But I didn't want to install them myself since I am now 77 and prefer to let others do my dirty jobs at times. I called around and every place wanted between $100 and $125 a shock to install them. In the past using hand tools I have changed these shocks in less than 30 minutes apiece but could have done it much faster on a lift with power tools. I decided not to get the shocks at his time. Maybe mine are still good.

Amazing that shops now charge $650 for labor only to change the tires and shocks.
I laugh at your $36 shock absorbers...

Price out rear shocks for a 2003 Suburban.

That's $287 per shock.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #25  
It WAS $3.39 a couple days ago. Now its $3.69 again here :(
A week ago Sunday we got it for $3.19 in northeast Ohio just off the toll road.
Sketchy area, though. Abandoned strip club and hotel. Lots of trucking companies. Two nice gas stations, though. :ROFLMAO:

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #26  
My mechanic lives across the street from us. He has a shop behind his garage with a lift. He also owns a repair shop in town. Very honest guy. He has one guy working for him that is very good. He can't find anyone else that is willing to work on older vehicles. He said they all come out of school and want to work on the latest and greatest at dealerships, and don't want to work on older vehicles with high mileage. He has more work than he can handle, and has to turn it away. Very good prices as far as I'm concerned.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #27  
My mechanic lives across the street from us. He has a shop behind his garage with a lift. He also owns a repair shop in town. Very honest guy. He has one guy working for him that is very good. He can't find anyone else that is willing to work on older vehicles. He said they all come out of school and want to work on the latest and greatest at dealerships, and don't want to work on older vehicles with high mileage. He has more work than he can handle, and has to turn it away. Very good prices as far as I'm concerned.
Heck, he'll even tell me jobs I can do myself, and jobs that he'd be concerned if I put my fingers on it. :ROFLMAO:

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #30  
I also purchase all my tires on line. I own a tire machine and a computer balancer, so I mount and balance all my tires.
The reason I purchased a balancer is, I had a (what I thought was a tire out of balance) I took the vehicle to several places to have them check for balance.
They would take all wheels/tires, off and balance.
Each time at 60-70 there was a bad vibration.

After buying my balancer, I found the problem that all the shops I paid couldn't find. The wheel was bent, and it showed when the balancer began to spin the tire /wheel to check for balance, you could see the wheel was warped !

Now, I balance all my tires trailers and all vehicles when I get ready, on my time. No appointments needed ! LOL