Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,101  
According to the dates on the videos, it only took four or five days to fix the bridge, I would have guessed a lot longer than that from the apparent damage to it.

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#2,102  
Train derailed on a bridge over the Wabash River between Lafayette and West Lafayette, IN (home of Purdue University) back on 9/22. Dropped three cars in the river and ate a bunch of track and ties on the bridge. Here's several videos by someone that documented several days of repairs.

I've driven over the road bridge right next to it at least 200 times in the 9 years our kids went to Purdue, and I've always thought it looked rickety and thought it was abandoned. I never saw a train on it until just last summer when we took the oldest kid back to reminisce and buy some Purdue gear.

The tracks have low use since you can see weeds coming up in them. Can anyone say what they were hauling?

Last edited:
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #2,103  
Great to see it was rebuilt. (y)
It’s when a section is destroyed then abandoned that’s depressing.
It’s like an epidemic here in my area.
You can’t go for a walk in the woods without stumbling over abandoned RR tracks. Really depressing.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,105  
Overfueling or a turbo charger issue. Problem with a DPU, the head end cannot see what the pusher or mid train engine is doing.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,106  
Must be going up a grade and kicked in the afterburner!
GE makes jet engines too, maybe it's a hybrid!

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,107  
I doubt it. It's a Dash 8 Warbonnet. If you observe various engines, you'll see that the cowlings on many look burnt. That is because at one time they either had a turbo failure or were over fueling and the exhaust cooked the paint off. Years ago I watched one pulling the grade out of the Cleveland flats heading east and it was a blow torch and most engineers rarely look up and back.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,108  
From this angle it doesn't look like the bridge was damaged at all. It appears the ties and tracks were just sheared off the structure. But that's just speculations on my part.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,110  
Great to see it was rebuilt. (y)
It’s when a section is destroyed then abandoned that’s depressing.
It’s like an epidemic here in my area.
You can’t go for a walk in the woods without stumbling over abandoned RR tracks. Really depressing.
Down there the area is pretty active as far as rails go.