Gold mining on adjacent property

/ Gold mining on adjacent property #21  
So maybe just sign up to letting them use your access. But then each night sneak over and pan the tailings!?

/ Gold mining on adjacent property #22  
So maybe just sign up to letting them use your access. But then each night sneak over and pan the tailings!?
Good thinking, the only problem is its not a active mine. They are not production drills creating tailings, its an exploration company doing diamond drilling. Diamond drilling has a hallow bit that extract its core for mineralization definition, that core get long and split in half, one half get send out for analysis, the other is stored for future reference and liability (guarantee the resources)... they don't let these core laying around unattended it get send out every shift.

/ Gold mining on adjacent property #23  
We've had a Canadian company drilling and exploring here for over 10 years. No end in sight.

/ Gold mining on adjacent property #24  
We've had a Canadian company drilling and exploring here for over 10 years. No end in sight.
I am currently working at a mine, 10 years ago when I started they where talking about these new zones coming up the pipe line. Well they took 10 years to materialize and these zone are literally connected to the mine... its crazy how long it takes ... the average mine take between 10 to 20 years to open. Lost of mineralization deposit never become mines.

/ Gold mining on adjacent property
We own the surface rights only. From what I've read in the state statutes, a fair and equitable agreement has to take place and permit access.

I've been mapping out a route they could build a road (easement on my property) which would keep them off 800 feet of my road. The only problem is it's a 27% grade to the area on their property. Can a tandem axle water truck climb a 27% grade?

Prolly so. The part about going armed was the important part.

Well, were very close to Deadwood but pretty sure a gunfight isn't in the meeting agenda. Lol

I met with the company CEO along with three other neighbors. The main theme of the meeting was outlining their plans which, was not as bad as I or my neighbors thought it was going to be.

Yes, they want to use my road but just for pickup trucks to access the drill up the ridge from my property. As far as water trucks, they will continue to haul it up to four large water tanks and gravity feed the drill with water as it works it's way down the ridge towards my property. The total time of the drilling rig is slated for one year.

I have been up to their rig this spring and it's a very quiet running machine. They have sound barriers around it. Pretty impressive actually.

With the information we learned, we granted the use of our road with a written road use agreement that they have to provide that has our concerns addressed.

As I assumed, they are going to submit an offer to purchase. Given the relatively short timeframe of the drilling project, were not selling at this point.

Here are a couple pics of the road into our property.

IMG_1145.JPG
IMG_1148.JPG

/ Gold mining on adjacent property #29  
I'm glad that it seems to have worked out for you so far.

As far as water tankers, where there is a will, there is a way. Worst case might be a water pump from somewhere down below to the drill rig.

The property looks gorgeous. Congratulations!

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
   / Gold mining on adjacent property #30  
Citydude, 26 or 27 degrees is the maximum gradient for most trucks.