NH 3930 - Need a wiring harness

/ NH 3930 - Need a wiring harness #1  

404gpb

Tractor
John Deere 5525, (Two) NH 3930, NH LS180, Kubota KX161-3, Kubota ZD1211
I am searching for a replacement wiring harness for a 1994 New Holland 3930. NH no longer sells them apparently. Does anyone have a source for one? If so please provide contact info. Thanks in advance, Jon.

/ NH 3930 - Need a wiring harness #2  
There's more than one. Do you have any of the originals left? Are they worn, burned or what? Why are you replacing them?

I made the harnesses for my 3910's restoration with all new wire, connectors and covering. It's not all that hard to do with the sheet metal off. There are only two ends to each wire--Where it came from and where it goes. ;) They can be bundled and wrapped after that.

/ NH 3930 - Need a wiring harness #3  
There's more than one. Do you have any of the originals left? Are they worn, burned or what? Why are you replacing them?

I made the harnesses for my 3910's restoration with all new wire, connectors and covering. It's not all that hard to do with the sheet metal off. There are only two ends to each wire--Where it came from and where it goes. ;) They can be bundled and wrapped after that.
And, can we assume that it is the "front harness", that goes to the instrument panel?

/ NH 3930 - Need a wiring harness #4  
Used them for my old L2850 searched high and low for a new lower harness to no avail, very satisfied with what they did in my hurrying ignorance I torched the entire harness and the 6 and 8 pin connectors, lucky the entire tractor wasn't lost. lesson for me was if mice eat your harness and you blow the fusible link don't replace it with heavier gauge wire.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221014-183427.png
    Screenshot_20221014-183427.png
    322.6 KB · Views: 59
   / NH 3930 - Need a wiring harness #5  
I am searching for a replacement wiring harness for a 1994 New Holland 3930. NH no longer sells them apparently. Does anyone have a source for one? If so please provide contact info. Thanks in advance, Jon.
Google Agri-Service in up-state New York. Jim Guarino makes wiring harnesses for almost all the older tractors. I bought one for my Ford 4610 and Jim was helpful with advice during the installation.

/ NH 3930 - Need a wiring harness #6  
You could try a tractor salvage yard but ti be honest I would just repair what you have.

/ NH 3930 - Need a wiring harness #7  
Another vote for making a new harness. They really aren’t hard to make, teaches you the electrical system in the process

/ NH 3930 - Need a wiring harness #8  
Another vote for making a new harness. They really aren’t hard to make, teaches you the electrical system in the process
"Really aren't hard to make"? Have you ever seen the harness on a 3930?

/ NH 3930 - Need a wiring harness #9  
problems arose for me when I tried to find correct 8 and 6 blade connectors (the originals were melted) to plug into undamaged wiring harness Agri services mentioned previously above by me and another member did a excellent job on building the entire lower harness with all connections included, plus they offer support if things still don't work, at a very fair price 3 yrs ago. And I know I wouldnt have been able to make something that clean and professional in that amount of time.

Last edited:
   / NH 3930 - Need a wiring harness #10  
"Really aren't hard to make"? Have you ever seen the harness on a 3930?
Yes. It wouldn’t scare me to make one.

But I make harnesses for modern race bikes as a hobby.