Please critique the weld quality (photos enclosed)

/ Please critique the weld quality (photos enclosed) #21  
I'll pile on! Those are awful, amateur welds. I see lack of fusion in a couple pics for sure as the toes are just beaded up sitting on top of the metal. So if the hinges are this bad, what about the rest of the welding? They might have glopped on enough metal to be able to grind back flush but it is doubtful that other welds are properly fused either, unless done by different people.

/ Please critique the weld quality (photos enclosed) #23  
I definitely agree with all the comments. Very poor, non- professional welds. Potentially lethal if they fail.

You might call the local Boilermakers union hall and see if they can recommend a welding inspector to provide a professional opinion to back up any legal action you might consider.

/ Please critique the weld quality (photos enclosed) #24  
Just terrible

/ Please critique the weld quality (photos enclosed) #25  
Ugly. I am an AMATURE welder. These look bad even to me! The company owner should take one look and call for a do - over.

/ Please critique the weld quality (photos enclosed) #27  
I am having fencing/gates installed. Steel material that is/was powder coated.

The photos are for hinge welds for heavy gates. 6x6 steel posts and steel gates to cover a 16 foot opening.
plowhog,

If you really want better advice on weld quality, you should post your photos and questions on the following welding dedicated sites. Not knocking TBN's contributors, but we are really a bunch of tractor/ equipment guys who occasionally have to fix some stuff we broke. ;)

A professional welding site run by a master welder with decades of experience.

A sister site ( if memory is correct ) to TBN

/ Please critique the weld quality (photos enclosed) #28  
plowhog,

If you really want better advice on weld quality, you should post your photos and questions on the following welding dedicated sites. Not knocking TBN's contributors, but we are really a bunch of tractor/ equipment guys who occasionally have to fix some stuff we broke. ;)

A professional welding site run by a master welder with decades of experience.

A sister site ( if memory is correct ) to TBN
you don't need to be a ''expert'' to know this weld is crap and wouldn't handle any stress ...

/ Please critique the weld quality (photos enclosed) #29  
Those are not welds. That is cold mettle somewhat stuck to some other mettle. Don't worry though, it will not be stuck there long.
That is about the worst welding I have ever seen that was not an on purpose joke.
They are charging you for that!!!??? If an actual trade welder was nearby when they did this, there would be a welding rod stuck up someone's rear end!

/ Please critique the weld quality (photos enclosed) #30  
We call guys making these kind of ''weld'' grinders and not welders ...