Oil & Fuel Front axle hub problem

/ Front axle hub problem #1  

not a mechanic

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1532
Had oil seal leak on front axle(left side). Took it apart, got new seal in fine. Now I can't get the back half of hub to go all the way up. It stops about 1/16" from the the seal even going on. Hopefully I wrote this clear enough someone can tell me how to get the hub to go up. Videos I have seen show they just slip back on, but this doesn't. Please help me!

/ Front axle hub problem #2  
Suggest you tell us what kind of tractor, 2wd or mfwd, and if mfwd exactly which seal. Pics would be good or a parts diagram

/ Front axle hub problem #3  
Maybe it's your username that is the problem. :ROFLMAO: I kid I kid!

I have no help, good luck!

/ Front axle hub problem #4  
Sounds like a 4WD hub also. Sometimes the new seals are a little snug, but you need to look at the hub boss that it is going on, it may have a small rise that the seal rides on.
Also, did you use a tool to put the new seal on? If it is the large seal, you can use the old seal as a tool, but if you don't have the tool and didn't use the old seal, you may have distorted the new seal.
Again, model, pictures, type of hub would be helpful

/ Front axle hub problem
IMG_20221103_132203.jpg

/ Front axle hub problem
It's a Massey Ferguson compact tractor 4wd. Problem is not getting the seal in. Problem is getting hub back in place. This is as far as it goes.

/ Front axle hub problem
Maybe try to rotate hub to let gears mesh?
I tried. After I turned bottom gear to mesh the splines, it slid up to this point (in picture) then it stops.

/ Front axle hub problem #10  
It's a Massey Ferguson compact tractor 4wd

well that narrows it down....
is it or is it not A 1532?
if IS a 1532 put into 2wd make sure both fronts are off ground and try to seat axles then.
fwiw...look at my sig. I got hundreds hours on a 1532

Last edited: