Kubota B7510HSD Drag Link ball joints needed

/ Kubota B7510HSD Drag Link ball joints needed #1  

Oscar the Grouch

Tractor
Kubota B7510HST
I need to cut off and weld on new ball joints on the drag link for my 2004 Kubota B7510HSD. The drag link is the rod that goes from the steering gear box to the knuckle arm. Does anyone know where I can buy the correct ball joint ends or does anyone know the specs of them (taper, etc.) so that I can purchase aftermarket? Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 2022-11-18_21-20-05.jpg
    2022-11-18_21-20-05.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
   / Kubota B7510HSD Drag Link ball joints needed
   / Kubota B7510HSD Drag Link ball joints needed #4  
I have a b7510 also, I took a look at Messicks site the assembly isn't even available anymore, so I understand what your trying to do. Do some measuring and take a look here, good luck!

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.

/ Kubota B7510HSD Drag Link ball joints needed #6  
The whole thing is only $ 81+ tax on Ebay .

Yes, I know I bought one. And stripped the male threads on it too. I don't want to keep spending $81+ every time I strip one. I've stripped the OEM and the aftermarket one in the last 2 weeks. If I can do a repair for $40 every time then I'm ahead of the game.

/ Kubota B7510HSD Drag Link ball joints needed #8  
I would believe there is an automotive part available that could suffice. Even a spherical joint shoved in there.

/ Kubota B7510HSD Drag Link ball joints needed #9  
I would be more concerned with why threads are stripping? I do not remember ever having that issue with a drag link.

/ Kubota B7510HSD Drag Link ball joints needed #10  
I would be more concerned with why threads are stripping? I do not remember ever having that issue with a drag link.

I wondered about that too. It could happen if the tapers don't match and he has to keep tightening to keep the tie rod end from spinning. I wonder if lapping compound would tell us something.