New excavator?

/ New excavator? #1  

tman1020

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct225 and Bad Boy zero turn
I’ll try to post a link. What do you guys think? 23 k brand new?

/ New excavator?
Obviously I would prefer a bobcat but sure seems pretty nice for the money. Wouldn’t be using it commercially.

/ New excavator? #3  
How does an excavator replace a bob cat? I view these 2 as very different pieces of equipment. 23K should buy a nice used BobCat

/ New excavator? #4  
How does an excavator replace a bob cat? I view these 2 as very different pieces of equipment. 23K should buy a nice used BobCat

I assume he meant a bobcat brand excavator.

/ New excavator? #6  
So it has a yanmar engine, what about the hydraulic system? I tried to find specs on it and couldn't.

/ New excavator?

Bobcat Brand excavator.

/ New excavator?
So it has a yanmar engine, what about the hydraulic system? I tried to find specs on it and couldn't.

Some of the components in the hydraulic system are made by Eaton. But I believe mostly off name China stuff.
I don’t have any misconceptions that Kubota and bobcat and many other name brands would be a higher quality product. But one they’re very difficult to get due to the Covid shortages and two very expensive. I am under the impression that getting parts should not be very difficult China has been going gangbusters in the excavator market. And currently parts seem to be readily available for just about anything I might need.
In fact I think it would be easier than getting parts for a bobcat brand right now. Mini Excavator thumbs have been on backorder for at least six months And Kubota can’t even give you an estimated date of when they’ll have an excavator even if you pre-pay and order. All that being said I’m still on the fence. I’ve been disappointed with Chinese stuff before and this is a big ticket item for me to risk. Would love to hear your comments on it.

/ New excavator? #9  
Some of the components in the hydraulic system are made by Eaton. But I believe mostly off name China stuff.
I don’t have any misconceptions that Kubota and bobcat and many other name brands would be a higher quality product. But one they’re very difficult to get due to the Covid shortages and two very expensive. I am under the impression that getting parts should not be very difficult China has been going gangbusters in the excavator market. And currently parts seem to be readily available for just about anything I might need.
In fact I think it would be easier than getting parts for a bobcat brand right now. Mini Excavator thumbs have been on backorder for at least six months And Kubota can’t even give you an estimated date of when they’ll have an excavator even if you pre-pay and order. All that being said I’m still on the fence. I’ve been disappointed with Chinese stuff before and this is a big ticket item for me to risk. Would love to hear your comments on it.
Yes good points but I was interested in flow rates and pressures ultimately that will be a determining factor for some buyers, what attachments you can run on it Imo.

/ New excavator?
Here’s a link to the previous model same specifications just a little bit different body. The way I’m looking at it as I can get a used brand-name machine with about 1000 hours or this brand new