Desperately seeking help! Need Loader Control Valve replacement for Mahindra

/ Desperately seeking help! Need Loader Control Valve replacement for Mahindra #1  

dragula

Bronze Member
I am struggling to find a replacement loader control valve for my Mahindra 1533. Mahindra wants over $2k if they can even find one. All that I really need is one of the valve spring covers that's circled in the attached but I can't even find that by itself.

The valve is remote mounted and cable driven so I can't just buy one of the aftermarket units that has the control lever on top of the valve.

There are some aftermarket units out there but I don't even know where to begin to find one that is a suitable replacement for the factory valve. The factory valve is stamped with Hydrotech. I reached out to them with no luck.

I would prefer just to find the spring cover that's circled but I can't seem to even find it.

ANY advice or ideas are welcome! Moving hay bales by hand will make a man out of you!

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Valve Part Number.jpg
    Valve Part Number.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 125
  • valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 117
  • valve1.jpg
    valve1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
   / Desperately seeking help! Need Loader Control Valve replacement for Mahindra #2  
There is aftermarket options but being a lot of hard lines used finding one that will fit will be a challenge. Curious to what is wrong with the cap on your valve?

/ Desperately seeking help! Need Loader Control Valve replacement for Mahindra #3  
I lost one of my "valve spring covers" like you, but it was a lot more involved than I originally thought. There is a spring actuator system under that cover that helps control/return the hydraulic rod fluid control.
Mahindra doesn't sell the individual parts, they want you to replace the entire valve assembly at an insane price.
I got an entire valve assembly for less than ½ the price from www.surpluscenter.com
They had all kinds of valve assemblies and people that knew what they were talking about to help you pick the right one.
Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to find the cover and missing spring assembly anywhere. You'll probably have to get the entire valve assembly.

/ Desperately seeking help! Need Loader Control Valve replacement for Mahindra #4  
Need more info. What is wrong with current cap? Since the one pictured has nothign wrong with it I assume that is not the photo of your actual valve?

Sometimes on those caps, they are more than just a "cap". They sometimes house extra parts like the little ball bearings for things like detent functions.

More info or pictures of why yours needs replaced would be helpful

/ Desperately seeking help! Need Loader Control Valve replacement for Mahindra #5  
And what does "no luck" reaching out to hydrotech mean?

Did you actually talk to someone and they said they couldnt help for some reason or another (dont sell to individuals, obsolete parts, nothing in stock)? or did you reach out and just never got a reply?

/ Desperately seeking help! Need Loader Control Valve replacement for Mahindra #6  
Seeing another person comment that one of their valve caps fell off seems like an incredible coincidence. One day my tractor joystick started falling to the left and auto curling. I found the outer valve cap had fallen off. It’s shocking Mahindra won’t bother to offer parts on an item this costly… particularly when they aren’t fastened with any kind of thread lock to keep them held together for more than 150 hours of use.

I’m kind of at a loss at how to tackle this, as I’m not keen to drop 2k on a new assembly that’s likely beyond my aptitude to replace… because 2 bolts fell off.

Please advise if you have any luck finding something that works. Given there are multiple reports of this exact cap falling off on the same model of a relatively new machine, have to wonder what happened with this assembly
5AF8EE50-7479-4200-8BE5-03D726E9A235.jpeg

/ Desperately seeking help! Need Loader Control Valve replacement for Mahindra #7  
And what does "no luck" reaching out to hydrotech mean?

Did you actually talk to someone and they said they couldnt help for some reason or another (dont sell to individuals, obsolete parts, nothing in stock)? or did you reach out and just never got a reply?
Seems odd since Hydrotech claims to have service and repair

/ Desperately seeking help! Need Loader Control Valve replacement for Mahindra #8  
I sent Hydrotech an inquiry and will share any feedback for original poster. That said, my dad brought over a ridiculously expensive metal detector he owns and found my missing cap. Hopefully, my problem will be solved once I throw that thing back on after cleaning it

/ Desperately seeking help! Need Loader Control Valve replacement for Mahindra #9  
It’s shocking Mahindra won’t bother to offer parts on an item this costly…
That's because they buy it as an assembly. Find the actual manufacturer and you may beable to find parts for it. Or buy a aftermarket version and I bet parts are available.

/ Desperately seeking help! Need Loader Control Valve replacement for Mahindra #10  
That's because they buy it as an assembly. Find the actual manufacturer and you may beable to find parts for it. Or buy a aftermarket version and I bet parts are available.
I’ll share for the benefit of others if the manufacturer confirms back availability of the caps or not. I don’t know how far the original poster went with his inquiry.