why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #51  
I agree I got a lemon, I know kioti are good tractors. Even after all the issues with that tractor I was still willing to get another bobcat.I’m starting to think there was a reason that someone bought this tractor new and brought it back with only 18hours on it and then got sold to me as new.
I would contact the Bobcat factory representative for your area and go from there. The factory representative’s job is to (sort of) mediate disputes between a customer and the dealer.

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #52  
I would contact the Bobcat factory representative for your area and go from there. The factory representative’s job is to (sort of) mediate disputes between a customer and the dealer.
There are very good dealers and there are the ones that totally suck. Agree, talk to the service rep about your issues with the dealer.

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #53  
I purchased a 2035 last year with a backhoe brand new. After some use less then 100 hrs I noticed bolts loose and when I mean loose I mean finger tight, not just one, or two but at least 15 or so no biggie lock tite and a impact.

Tractors get delivered in a crate, RTA, (ready to assemble) the Dealer puts it together. So that's on them.
1674498995479.png
Then one night working, 60amp fuse blown. Fixed issue myself pinched wiring harness under dash. Next thing less then 100hrs yet I noticed what seems to be a large 8in crack on the loader arm where upper and lower arm meet.

Do you see a crack? Can anybody else see a crack? Possibly the metal got contaminated when they were putting it together and the paint won't stick to it. I could see that being a problem with your BMW but with a tractor????? c'mon, man, just buy a can of spray paint if it bothers you.
Now 500 hours on machine and it goes into regen. Blows some white smoke and lost power. Bobcat comes tell me something happened with injection or computer and possibly took out a cylinder .

So what happened? Did it take out a cylinder or not?? Enquiring minds and all like that. Regen sucks. Bigly. Pollution CRAP cost me over $4,000 on my Ram CTD. Not Ram's fault, goobermint idiocy. Especially when it's forced on manufacturers before the engineering has matured enough. And they ALL have had problems. Deere, Kubota, Massey -- ALL of them. Kubota's problems with their B3350 are legion. They even used the EPA's recommended goobermint authorized and engineered emissions junk. And that's what it was. total junk
RANT OVER

Sounds to me like you got a lousy Dealer or he just doesn't like you. One of the two.

The reason Deere is so popular is, 1. They make good equipment but more importantly, 2. Their Dealerships are kickass. Deere will drop a Dealer like a bad habit if they don't meet expectations. We just had a big one get sold out from under the owner (it was an offer he couldn't refuse) near my vacation home. Big dealer. Had at least 10 Dealerships. Very quietly changed hands. 3. You pay for that Dealership Service at Deere. Big Time. In a big way. Nothing is free.

I decided not pay that fee. Not for a green Yanmar. Daedong is at least as good as Yanmar, probably better. I bought my Kioti at an AGCO Dealership. Paid more than I should have (mostly because there simply weren't any tractors available anywhere) but so far, so good. It was still less than anything green.

Some of the manufacturers trying to get started in the USA will give a franchise to almost anybody. You see a lot of lawn mower places with Franchises they shouldn't have. And sometimes, the OEM support isn't there. Sometimes it really is on the OEM. They're not perfect. Far from it.

I'm sorry this is happening to you but just try to work on the problem logically. It might not work out for you but if it doesn't, don't let it eat you up. Just get another tractor from a better Dealer.

Good luck

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #55  
Well thanks for, um, not whining and not helping. Excellent contribution (?) for the history records here on the forum.

Come to think about it, you never really made a point. What is your point?
He never has a point..Just wants to be the top do nothing poster of the month. 😃 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #56  
Can you tell if the crack ever "opens" up when using the loader or working the machine? If you could get a photo of that, it may help show the dealer/company your concern.

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #57  
Partially true. Yes, Bobcat sold tractors about 10 years ago. After that, those are not the facts. I'm with a Bobcat dealer - that doesn't make me a Bobcat tractor fanboy, just someone who lives it 5 days a week for 18 years so I'm kind of plugged in. Bobcat never stopped supporting tractors or any other product they've sold. If they do, it's only because a supplier stopped supporting products that go into the Bobcat product and they have no option. Or, it could be a lousy dealer that doesn't want to support a sub par product.

Bobcat tractors, then and now, are built by DAEDONG, as are Kioti Tractors. There are some minor differences but they come out of the same plant. I couldn't tell you if they charge more money for them or not as I don't have access to Kioti Pricing other than what is on the street and frankly we don't bump heads with them much, even being a [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] dealer as well that is just down the street. It's fun for people to paint that picture though, that the big Gorilla will always charge more. In my experience having both Bobcat and [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] on the lot (back when a dealer could have inventory on the ground). Bobcat was the cheapest giveaway on the market except for the TYMs rebranded in several colors and the like. In there first go around several years ago they were giving away a free loader and 0% financing. they were desperate to buy market share. Bobcat had a 5 year agreement with Daedong and when that time was up, no more Bobcat tractors (for the time being). As I said, we are also a [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] dealer which I'm spoiled because of that. We sold way more Kubotas than Bobcats but many were lured by the pricing. The much higher percentage of [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] tractors went out and stayed out. Almost every Bobcat we sold had issues and the most frustrating thing was there was no consistency in the failures. As the oldest Bobcat dealer in the world it was not easy for us to make the decision to send Bobcat tractors packing after 6 months of having to sell them. We were not interested in selling problems. Bobcat opened up a Bobcat tractor dealer from us 2 miles down the road and when Bobcat abandoned tractors, that dealer took on the Kioti line. I just found out now that that dealer now has Branson. That has to be frustrating for the customers that bought Bobcat, then Kioti from that dealer, to see them flop around like that.

Bobcat put the squeeze on us to pick up the tractor line again when they came with them a couple of years ago. They must have had some leverage because the ownership group did. Much to my surprise from a reliability standpoint they have been rock solid. I've been burned on some logistics like ordering a cab, waiting 9 months and the order getting kicked back 2 days before it was to ship having to wait another 4-5 months. So I don't promote them. If someone is dead set on a Bobcat, I'll take their money. I do believe something has happened at Daedong to improve the quality. I give Bobcat no credit for that. As far as features, fit and finish, attachment availability etc, they are still sorely lacking. Of course the OPs experience proves otherwise, but I'd say that's a bit of an anomaly. He should take it to a different dealer to see if he can get any traction. I know that is easier said than done. The selling dealer should be the one that has your back. I wish him the best.
This was a good post and I appreciate the valuable feedback. I have written extensively on this site about evaluating tractor brands. It's very challenging when you don't have any experience or a degree in finance that gives you a framework to understand the relationship between risk and value. What most consumers do not see or understand is the risk that they carry to get the lower price. This was a high risk purchase and the OP is learning the hard way that the 20% return on his money did not come without headaches and down time.

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #58  
That is a good question. I'm not familiar with the corporate relationship. Do we know this to be fact? There are a lot of manufacturers in the global equipment market that make their own product as well as rebranding others. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for raising that question, unless it was more of a state, either way, thank you.

After checking, yes, Kioti is the official brand for the Daedong overseas market, per their website. That doesn't mean Kioti builds Bobcat Tractors, Daedong does, at least for now unitl Bobcat builds their entire lineup on their own. That would be like saying Chevy builds the GMC product.

Chevy does build gmc. Go to an assembly line - you can’t tell the difference until the tailgate goes onto the truck with the logo stamped in. 3 Chevy, 3 gmc, 1 Chevy, 2 gmc, …….

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #59  
I agree with you @tacticalturnip, it is a bad dealer situation...I would go directly to Bobcat headquarters however, no one lights a fire like Big Boss does...also post on Trustpilot about the dealer...they will reply (in order to get you to change the burn review, or because the Corporates have read it and have leaned on them)
I have had success with these 2 procedures.

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #60  
The whole story makes me want to write a thread on why i bought a Kubota. Sorry for your troubles OP, that really sucks. Make them fix it, then get rid of it.