Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,911  
Or any under developed country… do you see them jumping to expensive renewables? No.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,912  
We had a waiter in a restaurant from Mongolia. My brother had been there years ago...I told waiter I bet it's beautiful. Then he showed pictures of his city there, you couldn't see your hand in front of your face because people heat apartments and houses by stuffing old car tires in their stove.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,913  
We had a waiter in a restaurant from Mongolia. My brother had been there years ago...I told waiter I bet it's beautiful. Then he showed pictures of his city there, you couldn't see your hand in front of your face because people heat apartments and houses by stuffing old car tires in their stove.
"Two birds stoned, right there". Heat the house and get rid of the tires too.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,914  
PROVE ME WRONG.
Excellent example of Basement Internet Intellectual Wordsmithing. Believing if one chains pretty words together that one creates a new reality. The truth is we are all Muggles and can not create such things with words the way wizards can.

"Burning" is oxidation. The addition of oxygen. The 20 pounds of CO2 consists mostly of air which was originally in the chamber. Except as others have pointed out the combustion will not be complete because the gasoline ran out of oxygen.

"Conservation of Mass. Its the law." You can not create or destroy mass without an atomic event.

Want another exercise? Consider a room with perfect thermal isolation. A refrigerator is running inside the room with its door open. Tomorrow will the room be A) hotter, B) colder, or C) the same temperature?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,916  
Most not all and a reducing percentage.

And the fossil fuels burned in power plants are FAR more efficient than those burned in tiny ICE.
Gale's Model Y powered by 100% TVA coal electricity emits about the same CO2 as a gasoline vehicle at 40 MPG.

But the gasoline vehicle requires tremendous accounting calisthenics to displace only 10% of the gasoline with supposedly carbon-neutral ethanol. Yet the EV can effortlessly utilize nuclear, solar, hydro, wind, natural gas, oil, coal, and even cow farts.

That is, "If you care about CO2." I like CO2, it greens the planet. Seriously, the great deserts are getting smaller.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,917  
Interesting

Our state gets more than 50% of it's grid power from hydroelectric.
So in this area my new model Y
( when it arrives) should get the equivalent of ~ 80 MPG gas vehicle.?.

This has me thinking of looking into adding some solar cells, batteries, and grid tied inverter.

Would be great to be less dependent on the grid in general...

So far the only big disadvantage to buying a Tesla versus other EV Makers is the inability of V to G or everything.

Our state also charges electric vehicle owners a fee on each registration and renewal to pay for the lost road maintenance revenue that was provided by the fuel tax. Seems fair to me.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,918  
Excellent example of Basement Internet Intellectual Wordsmithing. Believing if one chains pretty words together that one creates a new reality. The truth is we are all Muggles and can not create such things with words the way wizards can.

"Burning" is oxidation. The addition of oxygen. The 20 pounds of CO2 consists mostly of air which was originally in the chamber. Except as others have pointed out the combustion will not be complete because the gasoline ran out of oxygen.

"Conservation of Mass. Its the law." You can not create or destroy mass without an atomic event.

Want another exercise? Consider a room with perfect thermal isolation. A refrigerator is running inside the room with its door open. Tomorrow will the room be A) hotter, B) colder, or C) the same temperature?
There is energy added to the room when the refrigerator is running

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,919  
There is energy added to the room when the refrigerator is running
Yes. But there wasn't mass added to the closed system burning gasoline. The difference is one is a closed system and the other has an unstated leak consisting of the power cord running to the refrigerator.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,920  

Did I see perfect thermal isolation?