Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,831  
Add in there Fab Rats, Robby Layton Nation, Chad's Fab, and BSF recovery Team, all friends of above. Fab Rats is Merlin's cousin. Robby paints some of there vehicles. Chad does the electrical for them. Jon

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,832  
Add in there Fab Rats, Robby Layton Nation, Chad's Fab, and BSF recovery Team, all friends of above. Fab Rats is Merlin's cousin. Robby paints some of there vehicles. Chad does the electrical for them. Jon
I watched a couple of Fab Rat and Robbie's episodes, including the complete "Golden Nugget" restoration. They get a little too far off topic though.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,833  
This would prevent those frames from bending back over because it solves the vertical weight distribution, but it doesnt solve the horizontal weight distribution, so it is likely to oversteer.

Why do people keep inventing such bullshit ??

Yeah that works just like a tag axle, and it only works for a load in the bed.

Here is the "original" patented design that works with trailers:

Much more stable in both vertical and horizontal weight distribution.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,834  
Much more stable in both vertical and horizontal weight distribution.

Truck frames crack from lateral forces too... just look at the rubber the trucks rear wheels lay down in corners... it needs a 4wd truck to pull it around the corner, because the rear wheels dont deliver much traction when they skid sideways...

I'll stick to a hay wagon type trailer... If you cant back that up, you shouldnt be hauling the loads such trailer can load, anyway....

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,835  
Truck frames crack from lateral forces too... just look at the rubber the trucks rear wheels lay down in corners... it needs a 4wd truck to pull it around the corner, because the rear wheels dont deliver much traction when they skid sideways...

I'll stick to a hay wagon type trailer... If you cant back that up, you shouldnt be hauling the loads such trailer can load, anyway....
Fair enough, unless you've been using regular trailers for years with a single pivot point hay wagons have multiple pivot points and isn't it almost the exact opposite of how you back a regular trailer up? One of these days when I get the time I'm sure I'll confidently master it or close to and I only have a 4x8 2k wagon lol.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,836  
Coming home tonight I seen a Subaru outback driving slowly with hazards on coming towards me. When he was even with me I seen he had the front wheels of an atv on the rear bump with the back wheels on the ground as a trailer. Trailer and machine all in 1

I had to chuckle and glad I wasn't behind him

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,837  
Outbacks are very versatile! :)

I'm right at, but not over, each spec - tires, axle, hitch, tow rating. (But this was a slow cautious 15 miles home on empty back roads).

p1730707rym186d2onhwy-jpg.368644

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,840  
Fair enough, unless you've been using regular trailers for years with a single pivot point hay wagons have multiple pivot points and isn't it almost the exact opposite of how you back a regular trailer up? One of these days when I get the time I'm sure I'll confidently master it or close to and I only have a 4x8 2k wagon lol.
Short trailers are a b*tch to back up. 6 to 8 meter (20 to 26ft) hay wagons are most regular, which are easier because only the triangle will jackknife and not the trailer itself.