BEST WORK GlOVES??

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #1  

mastercraftka

Silver Member
Tractor
1993 JD 6400 4wd
May seem silly, but I am looking for a glove that won't wear holes after three or four uses. I cut, split and handle firewood at least 3 times per week and I like the gloves that I am using now, but they just don't seem to hold up very long.

I am using hydra hyde with the velcro around the wrist. I like that because I don't get saw dust down in the gloves.

Anyone have a good glove that you get better life out of than I am getting?

Thanks,

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #2  
I like just plain un insulated leather gloves. Brand doesn’t seem to matter but Wells Lamont is a common one.

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #4  
I have a few pairs of kevlar lined leather gloves from a previous job, leather is long wore off on a few areas stitching is falling apart but the kevlar liner will still stop meat hooks so I still use them.

/ BEST WORK GlOVES??
   / BEST WORK GlOVES?? #6  
I've not seen that style glove made of heavy leather that also has a closed cuff. Wells Lamont make some other types.

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #9  
I use these leather Carhartt gloves for firewood and working in the woods. The leather holds up well, and the elastic cuff keeps the glove from filling with sawdust when using a chainsaw.

Unfortunately, the local hardware stores only carry the style with the open cuff, so I have to order these online. (I did try the hardware store ones first, since I like to support the local stores, but they just filled up with sawdust when cutting wood.)

They also make a version that is lightly insulated, waterproof, and breathable. I use them in the winter with good results. They are not super-insulated, but enough for most of my use. If it's really cold out and I have rough work to do, I'll wear these with a light glove liner and sometimes put one of those chemical hand warmer packets inside the glove on the back of my hand. The insulation is light enough that I can still easily handle a chainsaw.

/ BEST WORK GlOVES?? #10