New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,351  
We are doing well. I’ve doubled my income in the past year, without even changing my position at work. We have retirement already set, and we are in our early 40s. We have a lot of options and opportunity. My biggest gripe is that I cannot invest in ROTH IRAs anymore.

That is separate from what financial crisis we are as a nation and world setting up. Both can be true, and I’m not so out of touch to not see past my own beautiful lawn, at what is happening to the rest of the population.

The government bailout of banks, literally PROMOTES risky investment and behavior. They are making the issue WORSE, not better, by eliminating consequences for stupid behavior by banks. For all of the talk that we have “fixed” the banking issue… I still see new banks daily needing bailouts.

Moodys didn’t see a problem with the banking sector a couple weeks ago. Then two banks failed in one day. This week they downgraded the US banking system outlook to NEGATIVE. It amazes me how many people are in complete denial as to what is happening, until the day it happens. Wait, no, I’m not. I still see triple vaxed people wearing masks in their own cars.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,352  
We are doing well. I’ve doubled my income in the past year, without even changing my position at work. We have retirement already set, and we are in our early 40s. We have a lot of options and opportunity. My biggest gripe is that I cannot invest in ROTH IRAs anymore.

That is separate from what financial crisis we are as a nation and world setting up. Both can be true, and I’m not so out of touch to not see past my own beautiful lawn, at what is happening to the rest of the population.

The government bailout of banks, literally PROMOTES risky investment and behavior. They are making the issue WORSE, not better, by eliminating consequences for stupid behavior by banks. For all of the talk that we have “fixed” the banking issue… I still see new banks daily needing bailouts.

Moodys didn’t see a problem with the banking sector a couple weeks ago. Then two banks failed in one day. This week they downgraded the US banking system outlook to NEGATIVE. It amazes me how many people are in complete denial as to what is happening, until the day it happens. Wait, no, I’m not. I still see triple vaxed people wearing masks in their own cars.

Any dopey bank manager will just let the bank fail, knowing our current leaders will just bail them out. Then more money is printed by our leaders, further diluting the value of the dollar.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,353  
Any dopey bank manager will just let the bank fail, knowing our current leaders will just bail them out. Then more money is printed by our leaders, further diluting the value of the dollar.
Yes, increasing inflation, causing more banks to fail…. Then we can push the central government bank on the people. This is what they do, make bad decisions with their power, see failure, the claim if we give them MORE power, they can fix the problem they created. Too bad the general population isn’t wise enough to see the pattern

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,354  
I guess they can just park their car and walk 10 miles to work or not buy groceries for a couple of months. Sounds simple.
You bring up a good point. It's just as simple as you say it is. Even simpler, since there are an infinity of options between the car and walking.

Suppose we try for a solution..... On one end we put the most expensive & convenient - one person jumping into a new car and driving ten miles. And at the other end of the choices we put the least expensive and conventien i.e. walking 10 miles.

I suppose the first one that occurs is public transportation - or rurally we use car pooling. Some ride ride bicycles or scooters. You can probably name a few others. It all comes down to deciding to make some changes now when you have a choice versus later when you have less.

rScotty

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,355  
Retail is trying to force everyone to abandon the cashier. Grocery stores used to employ baggers and cashiers, now they are moving to self-checkout only. Has the retail pricing come down? Their claim is a shrinking work force. Unemployment is down, yet we are losing jobs and not making much of anything. Are the welfare rolls up and not discussed?
When I am out and about, I see lots of younger people carrying cell phones and using plastic cards for payment or just ann app on their phone. Credit or debit? Uncertain, but everyone is spending something.
There is indeed a shrinking work force. Demographics tell the story that most western countries are an aging population with fewer young people to to fill in behind retirees.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,356  
Are you safe & secure rScotty? From what it sounds like, you are doing ok. We need to be mindful of those just barely making it and understand their hardships.

Sure, there’s plenty of images of people waiting in line for a free food box in a nice expensive car, but there’s more in $500 cars than TV will show.

I'm neither safe nor secure. I wish I were. What I did was simply looked at what I was doing, starting fixing old things instead of buying new, and picked up a second job instead of doing so much reading and relaxing in the evenings. Still have my weekends and late nights - so am doing OK.

I do miss the boat and the fishing trips - but am lucky enough to be able to walk to a nice creek behind our place for some streamside time.

Since I originally came from a rural background I admit this is easier for me. Like going home.
But anyone can do it.

rScotty

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining
#1,357  
Yes, increasing inflation, causing more banks to fail…. Then we can push the central government bank on the people. This is what they do, make bad decisions with their power, see failure, the claim if we give them MORE power, they can fix the problem they created. Too bad the general population isn’t wise enough to see the pattern
That's right (y)

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,358  
Well, for one, I’m not. I don’t see the doom and gloom that everybody is talking about for our country. This is still the greatest country in the world and the opportunities are immense!. Maybe I’m lucky but I understand the rules of the current economic system and I applied it to my benefit. Yeah, if we were to go into hyper inflation like Venezuela, maybe I would be in trouble but pretty sure the country would implode if it happened, so you know, gold and guns, right?
That’s kind of like saying “there’s icebergs in the area, but we’re on the unsinkable Titanic“.
Maybe you personally for one are ok, but if many of your neighbors are not, your world can still collapse around you.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,359  

Interesting you mentioned that because just two days ago our central bank (Federal Reserve) announced this ...

Federal Reserve announces July launch for the FedNow Service

Get ready for the FedNow(SM) Service

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,360  
Status
Not open for further replies.