New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,522  
1679354475801.png

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining
#1,524  
Guys, I know this probably is unnecessary to say but hear me out anyway. Please do not mention anything about the President or politicians in this thread. This thread was started with the purpose of providing market intelligence to buyers and owners so they know what's going on out there. I enjoy all the discussions we have had since it started and look forward to where it will continue to grow and evolve to. But I kindly ask that you refrain from making any political comments here. Lets work together to keep this thread alive and serving the members of this community so they can be better and more informed buyers.

Best Regards,
CVF

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,525  
I tried the insurance option but, the premiums were simply unaffordable. Perhaps finance-related insurance options are more palatable but, where I live theft and tornado damage along with taxes is simply beyond the means of many working-class people.
Insurance is a calculated risk that we all make. Nobody knows if it’s worth it until the need arises. For example, I used to wince at the thousands spent on homeowners insurance, until a few years ago when the insurance company wrote me a $20k check to replace the roof due to hail damage. Ten years worth of insurance payments were recouped. I gad a truck stolen from me in 2009. I was glad to get the replacement check. You take the chances that you feel comfortable with.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,526  
Without political connotations or social views this thread has ran it's course. The decline, rise, or stagnant level of tractor sales are unavoidably linked to them.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,528  
Government policies affect all aspects of our lives. Government policies are hard to discuss without getting into some level of politics.

As the original title states, "New Tractor Sales Are Declining". This is due to government policies mentioned in this thread already and many others along similar lines. Inflation and the cost of living have risen for many people and are the reasons along with financing costs and the credit risks with those financing offers. Government policies arising out of COVID policies have restricted the production of many things in addition to the costs of goods.

People need good jobs and some disposable income to buy or finance new tractors once their savings are depleted. In uncertain financial times like many are experiencing today, a new tractor just isn't going to happen.

Then there are things out of the ordinary like the war in Ukraine affecting energy supplies in Europe, in my case France, affecting general production. French government policies are also leading to strikes and big protests which is affecting my ability to source a Massey 5S or 5700S in the USA in an appropriate configuration for my needs. For that reason alone, I may become a CaseIH owner if things remain as they are.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,529  
I would further suggest that tractors in the Kubota L-series and smaller, are largely along the lines of a motorcycle or boat for many buyers in these smaller tractor sizes. Like motorcycles, if someone wanted one, they already have one or, they simply can't afford one.

The market is super saturated with new small tractor and motorcycle owners, along with other things, that were purchased during the COVID spending frenzy for most buyers so, how many people are left in the market for those things? After all, they aren't like a car you need for everyday uses that can't be duplicated with something different.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,530  
I was blown away this week when I saw 13 RK tractors at a local Rural King. Most of them cabbed! Stock is on all lots and growing… The question is, will they sell? Upward of 200 banks are in the same danger as SVB was… I think we have more reality to experience

Status
Not open for further replies.