Favorite diesel can?

/ Favorite diesel can? #21  
I like mine. It's a 30 liters tank, tractor hold 27 liters, so it's good match. I just set it on the platform of the tractor, open the ball valve and wait till the tanks is full.

IMG_20220628_121131.jpg

/ Favorite diesel can?
I have the 3901 don’t worry about your machine using a ton of fuel, the modern common rail diesel is much more fuel efficient than most older machines. I can dig all day with my backhoe running about 2000 rpm and not use 5 gallons. Brush hogging all day is about 8 gallons
One full tank lasted me almost 19 hours, I couldn't believe it.

/ Favorite diesel can? #25  
My favorite diesel can is one that is full...
.... so long as I don't have to lift it! :p My new fuel nozzle will arrive today. She's got auto shut off, baby (y)
Got caught snoozing :sleep: while filling the tractor last week. Over full o_O

/ Favorite diesel can? #26  
When I was digging my my big pond, I picked up some dented 100 gallon fuel tanks used on the sides of big rigs, mounted them on a trailer and put a 12 volt diesel fuel pump on it. I was filling it up at least once a week, sometimes twice a week.

Since then, I found that it wasn't worth the time and hassle to fill up 180 gallons of fuel for what I was using. I just use 2 yellow five gallon jugs and keep the tanks topped off. I never use enough fuel in a day to empty a fuel tank, usually it's not enough to even use a quarter of a tank. When I fill up my truck, I fill up the two jugs and then pour them into whatever tractor I'm planning on using.

Since the modern nozzles are so bad, I've been buying junk from Amazon with the hope of finding one that actually works. My issue with them is that they all break at the threads when tightening them. I've added the air opening so the fuel flows better, but I'm still struggling with a good tube to put into the tank. Usually what I do is remove the tube and just pour it in without the tube. This works fine for most of my tractors, except for my small tractor. Since it only holds something like ten gallons, and I usually only put in 3 or 4 gallons at a time, it's not been too bad to deal with the Amazon failures.

On the failures for replacement fill tubs, never buy the flexible ones. They where the worse!!!

Since it's getting closer to batwing mowing season, I'm going to have to look again from a better filler tube for my cans. I mostly need them for my gasoline cans. I have one that's really good that's 20 years old. I put it on the gas can that I'm using, but I know it will fail eventually and then I'll be stuck with the junk I've been buying to try and replace it.
Eddy, if you ever find a "good" spout, please post the link! I'm in exactly the same situation you are - cannot find anything that will last! All modern day spouts are completely junk! Thanks, Greg

/ Favorite diesel can? #27  
I received a new auto nozzle today. When choosing I saw them from $20 - $200 Looks like quality is all over the map. I probably should have spent more than the $40 I laid down

/ Favorite diesel can? #28  
View attachment 794755
These no-spill cans work great for the small tractor. Even my wife can do it. If you zoom in you can see I’ve added an air valve. This makes the fuel delivery 10X faster. Got them on Amazon, even came with the right size drill bit. Then simply screw in.
Ooh, I like that added air vent. Not because the fuel flows faster but because it stops fuel from glugging which can cause an overflow because of the filter screen in my tank. Thanks for posting.
Eric

/ Favorite diesel can? #29  
I have been adding vents and buying unrestricted nozzles for my plastic 5-6gal jugs since they started messing up the design of these things. Think I bought a 10 pack of tank vents on amazon