Headphones/Ear Buds

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #1  

walhondingMF

Silver Member
Tractor
2012 MF2400
I would like to get a set of headphones or ear buds to listen to while mowing. I know I want, and need, something noise canceling. My gc2400 is pretty loud with the mower running. I have tried to put my apple earbuds under a set of earmuffs, and that didn't work well. If anyone can suggest a good set from experience, I would prefer noise canceling earbuds because they are more versatile to me. I also don't want to spend a crazy amount of money on apple noise canceling earbuds. What are other people using? Do they really work?
Thanks in advance.

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #2  
They're not cheap, but I don't think they're in Apple price territory either, but I absolutely love my Raycon 'The Work' earbuds.

They're my first completely wireless pair, they've got different sound modes, and noise cancelling can be turned on and off. I've been extremely happy with them.

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #3  
I got the AirPod pros and they are noise canceling. Work great on a motorcycle as there’s a lot of “hear through” settings. Not sure how they’d do at lawnmower noise levels.

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #4  
You may want to consider full headsets versus ear buds. Really helps with the equipment noise. I have a few pair and mostly use the Jlab brand. But everybody makes them. I get the inexpensive models ($50) range so not worried about getting beat up. I used ear buds for years and still do when not on tractor or mower. But the full headset makes a huge difference

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #5  
I have a set of 3m Worktunes hearing protectors with bluetooth to the phone. They don't block as much sound as the non bluetooth 3m hearing protectors I also use, but they do ok and I can play music in them.

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #6  
I have a set of 3m Worktunes hearing protectors with bluetooth to the phone. They don't block as much sound as the non bluetooth 3m hearing protectors I also use, but they do ok and I can play music in them.
3M Worktunes headphone

Another vote for 3M. I listen to podcasts on youtube while mowing.

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #7  
I use a pair of bluetooth earbuds with the little 'wings' that have yet to come out in the 3yrs I've had them. They are not 'active noise canceling' but the silicone tip blocks noise like any other ear plugs and the wings keep them in. No wires to get in the way, nothing squeezing my head.

Attachments

• Mpow-M30-TWS-Earbuds.jpg
    Mpow-M30-TWS-Earbuds.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 57
   / Headphones/Ear Buds #9  
I too have the ISOTunes Pro and they're great as far as immediate connecting, blocking noise, sound quality, battery life and comfort.
My only complaint is the actual foam earpieces don't last, maybe a couple of days of 4-5 hours a day. The inner hard plastic that screws onto the stem in the bud bud cracks and won't hold in place. If the replacement cost for the foam earpieces was more realistic I'd get a bunch of them but 'fraid not. As well, they are proprietary and there is no after market available. Screen shot for 5 pair right from ISO Tunes or 3 pair from Lee Valley, ridiculous for some foam.
1683128226565.png
1683128261623.png

This is what I use now, they're not noise cancelling but do block a bit so I use them alone when outside messin' around with no/not much noise. If I'm mowing or trimming I use a pair of muffs over them with no discomfort at all as they're inside the foam earpieces.
Well over 8 hours battery life, immediately connect, good sound (not quite as good as the ISOTunes but more than good enough for a non-audiophile) and if you want to carry the case with you, you can easily carry them in your pocket.
The volume, skip, fast forward etc controls are by tap on either bud so you don't have to root for your phone or in the case of the ISOTunes for the control pod.
The price is more than reasonable and their warranty is awesome. I thought I had a fault with the first pair I had bought ( I didn't, it was my phone) , contacted them and was sent a replacement pair no questions asked.
1683128893213.png

I did have a pair of these but I've got odd shaped ear holes I guess and after a couple of hours they would start to ache, they worked great but it was me with an odd head that was wrong :).

1683129031106.png

/ Headphones/Ear Buds #10  
my choice as well, i have the ones withthe fm radio tuner built in.