Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,111  
Hey Skeans1,

Have you been over to our place😂😂 you nailed it, no scar, the Fir next to it came down several years back, same problem. This one was next but got hung up on another Fir and was like that for two years, then during a wind storm last winter it came down!
What part of Oregon are you from?
You sound like logger!🌲✌🏻
NW part close to Longview, we log as well as manage timber mainly doing commercial thinnings.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,112  
Somewhat right, it’s a pathogen and will stay in the soil till every scrap of Douglas Fir and Western Hemlock is decayed.
Yes, we said the same thing. Until the root rot dies out. (y)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,114  
Love that color! What’s the brand and name of said color?

How do you like your Graco?
Sorry not sure of the brand and the almost empty bucket is out in the tower right now. The color is just called natural in a semi-transparent stain. Love the Graco, been running Graco sprayers for many many years. Was a painting contractor for a long time, this sprayer is brand new only the second time using it and it behaves just like my old Graco's!
I bought the stain in a place called Ollies out here, kind of discount joint, a 5 gallon bucket cost me all of 40 bucks, better than $200 ish at a big box store. If you really want the brand I'll have a look next time I'm out there.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,116  
Sorry not sure of the brand and the almost empty bucket is out in the tower right now. The color is just called natural in a semi-transparent stain. Love the Graco, been running Graco sprayers for many many years. Was a painting contractor for a long time, this sprayer is brand new only the second time using it and it behaves just like my old Graco's!
I bought the stain in a place called Ollies out here, kind of discount joint, a 5 gallon bucket cost me all of 40 bucks, better than $200 ish at a big box store. If you really want the brand I'll have a look next time I'm out there.

No need to look! Natural is good enough!
Color is from stain and natural aging?
Is it Cedar?

I’m also a retired painting contractor ( 40 ) years. We used Graco, SpeeFlo and Titan!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,117  
No need to look! Natural is good enough!
Color is from stain and natural aging?
Is it Cedar?

I’m also a retired painting contractor ( 40 ) years. We used Graco, SpeeFlo and Titan!
Stain, natural aging, and a coat of Wolman Coppercoat (Wolman 5 Gal. CopperCoat Green Below Ground Wood Preservative 1902A - The Home Depot) last year and the year before and when it was being built.Here's the thread if you are interested. ((New shooting deck))
No cedar, its all lobblolly pine mostly from the field its in, you can see the trees in the background. I did not buy one stick of lumber to build it.:)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,118  
As usual we got a bunch of fir blow downs over the winter. They're spread around not concentrated. I've started to pull out any that I can make a stud log out of. I went for these two the other day.

BlowDwns.jpg

I stuck the camera up on the ROPS. The video ends prematurely when the camera battery dies while pulling that lower tree off of it's stump. I found it pretty interesting what the winch cable did during that pull - something I've never seen before.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,119  
As usual we got a bunch of fir blow downs over the winter. They're spread around not concentrated. I've started to pull out any that I can make a stud log out of. I went for these two the other day.

View attachment 807933

I stuck the camera up on the ROPS. The video ends prematurely when the camera battery dies while pulling that lower tree off of it's stump. I found it pretty interesting what the winch cable did during that pull - something I've never seen before.

gg
Are you getting the rain down there we are getting up here? I wish that I had kept track of the number of sunny days we had in June... I'll bet that its been less than 10.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,120  
Are you getting the rain down there we are getting up here? I wish that I had kept track of the number of sunny days we had in June... I'll bet that its been less than 10.

I bet your right on that bet. Plenty of rainy days the first two weeks of June but most of last week was pretty good. Over the weekend and this week we were/are supposed to get frequent heavy showers and thunder storms but so far one shower 4:00 am yesterday and one last night for a total of 1/2". Been humid and threatening the whole time

gg