Another rant about buying used

/ Another rant about buying used #11  
Was this the Ford you purchased recently?

/ Another rant about buying used #12  
Only got burnt once buying long distance.
Seems to be more and more scammers and there making decent living doing so. :(

/ Another rant about buying used #13  
I bought two expensive machines sight unseen. A vermeer trencher/vibratory plow from Iowa and a 6ton excavator from Colorado(I'm in va). Both were good deals even with shipping and turned out to be great buys. They were from dealerships though not individuals. Right now I'm working on a engcon tilt/rotator deal that will be shipped from England to me. Hopefully that will work out just like the others.

/ Another rant about buying used #14  
I bought two expensive machines sight unseen. A vermeer trencher/vibratory plow from Iowa and a 6ton excavator from Colorado(I'm in va). Both were good deals even with shipping and turned out to be great buys. They were from dealerships though not individuals. Right now I'm working on a engcon tilt/rotator deal that will be shipped from England to me. Hopefully that will work out just like the others.
Would like to know the process of getting machinery shipped from across the pond. They have substantially lower prices on well equipped farm tractors.

/ Another rant about buying used #15  
Please DM me about the engcon. I need one. Thanks!

/ Another rant about buying used #16  
But anyway, here's another @*$% that says "It's all serviced. I just replaced ALL fluids and filters. Ready to go"

Needless to say, the engine oil was black, transmission and hydraulics were all low, and I highly doubt he changed those filters. And now I just checked the engine coolant and it's nothing but p!$$ water. Don't even register in my hydrometer.

Luckily I'm not that dumb to trust people, or I would have had a frozen and cracked engine block this summer.

Oh well, I lose money but at least I save old tractors from the hands of worthless trash people.

So you bought the tractor, hauled it home then checked the fluids?

/ Another rant about buying used
So you bought the tractor, hauled it home then checked the fluids?
Ya, like I said, I wanted it anyway so I didn't bother checking too much. After driving nine hours I wasn't coming home empty. He seemed trustable and he owns a diesel repair shop so I thought I could take his word for it all being serviced.

I had another tractor lined up from another tractor restoration shop in the area. But that guy ended up being an even bigger crook.
So I didn't bother trying to bargain the price and drive away since I had no other options where I was.

But she's all good now. Feels good to finally start getting some of my tractor projects going.

Now I'm going to need a bigger trailer to haul multiple tractors to the shows, LOL

/ Another rant about buying used #18  
For the record, I only buy new stuff when it comes to vehicles and new tractors, etc. Because I don't trust people.
I'd like to be the same way but my wallet doesn't let me.
I bought my B7610 with trailer used, long distance, off CL. Most of TBN called it a killer deal.
Bought my M4700 used off Public Surplus, another killer deal.
Bought my Ford F350 dually off CL, again a fair ways off, a decent deal.

Trust but verify.

/ Another rant about buying used
I'd like to be the same way but my wallet doesn't let me.
I bought my B7610 with trailer used, long distance, off CL. Most of TBN called it a killer deal.
Bought my M4700 used off Public Surplus, another killer deal.
Bought my Ford F350 dually off CL, again a fair ways off, a decent deal.

Trust but verify.
Well, I've always been in the trucking business, so I have been in some bad financial times in the past. So what I learned to do is save a payment every month, then when I have the cash, go buy it.
Makes it a bit easier to swallow. And don't have to worry about interest rates.

/ Another rant about buying used #20  
Perhaps I'm just lucky here. I've never ( 40 years looking ) found anything used that was sized for my tractors. Around here the world is full of used equipment - if you have a 350+ hp tractor and the need.

Sooo...... I save up and buy new. I could buy used equipment - east of the Mississippi - but the cost of shipment - might just as well buy new here.