Stuck in the pond

/ Stuck in the pond #21  
I had my winch on, both times that I got badly stuck. Both times it was useless. The second time it was part of the problem as it was dragging on the ground. I had to drop it and drag it out of the way with my ATV winch before I could back out, pushing with the bucket at the same time.
Snatch blocks?

/ Stuck in the pond #23  
AG TIRES!
Those R-4’s are useless
So true. I've drove through mud with my tractor. It was deep enough that it was basically plowing the mud with the front axle. The tractor kept on going without any issues and I don't even have R1 radials.

A couple days ago, a video popped up on Facebook where two compact 35hp tractors with R4s were struggling so hard to pull a trailer stuck in mud. The first thought that came to my mind was: "Man, two tractors with R4 aren't worth a single one with R1." Those things spin if you look at it the wrong way. :ROFLMAO:

/ Stuck in the pond #24  
We don’t know what the difference would been for the OP. He may also have been able to walk right out of that mud.

R-1’s MUCH better than R-4’s in mud though.

Outside of using a tractor on pavement a lot, I cannot fathom why people buy a 4 wheel drive tractor, then slap useless tires on them that literally steal traction away from the tractor.

Many may laugh at me, but I actually have turf tires on my tractor.

Why - because the vast majority of my work is mowing, mulching, brushing, hard scape and other chores for yards and gardens and general landscape. They work fine and do no damage to the grass or ground. The zero turn does more damage!

I really have little on my acreage where I could get stuck. I don’t take the tractor into the woods or down by the river. Really no reason.

I’ve gotten my 4 wheeler stuck a time or two in mud but that is what the winch is for.

Then again - I don’t use the tractor for large scale farming like many on this forum.

/ Stuck in the pond #26  
Although to be fair, Ag's spinning backwards do pack up with mud as well... Going forwards though, I have been wheel barrowing(put it in N and pick up the back end) an old car in the spring, and the front axle was dragging in the mud and the tractor just kept going! I was very surprised I didn't get stopped, but I guess there was something firm down there that the tires found. They do clear mud out the tread very well when going forwards.

/ Stuck in the pond #27  
I've had similar experiences with both a garden tractor and my stander mower. In my case, the muskrats dig tunnels around my pond, so I've fallen into those. Last time it happened on my mower, I didn't bother getting the Massey, but instead got myself out by hooking a come-along to a nearby tree, and having my wife work that as I rode myself out.

/ Stuck in the pond #28  
So true. I've drove through mud with my tractor. It was deep enough that it was basically plowing the mud with the front axle. The tractor kept on going without any issues and I don't even have R1 radials.

A couple days ago, a video popped up on Facebook where two compact 35hp tractors with R4s were struggling so hard to pull a trailer stuck in mud. The first thought that came to my mind was: "Man, two tractors with R4 aren't worth a single one with R1." Those things spin if you look at it the wrong way. :ROFLMAO:
What kinda tractor do you have?

/ Stuck in the pond #29  
When I first got my Case 580CK backhoe I took it into the woods to dig holes for a septic drain field test. I bought the machine to put in a septic system even though I had never even sat on a backhoe and knew nothing about septic systems other than the obvious. I got that Case stuck good. On a slope. Using the loader and the hoe I was able to make it pull itself out of the woods. It would have gone faster if I had more than 2 hours experience. Though not a 4 wheel drive machine, and also one without a diff lock, I was able to get it unstuck.

/ Stuck in the pond #30  
Glad you got your tractor out of the mud.
I hate to see critters being allowed to have access to a pond.
They will mush the banks and edges down and make for a swampy muddy mess.