1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand?

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #193  
JD usually do not come standard with quick attach skid steer compatibility.
They have their own simpler setup, which weighs less, a good thing on a small tractor grapple, but
you have to buy Frontier green implements to work with that setup. I think many JD's have converted over to SSQA format.
Everyone else uses the SSQA format.
any implement can be used on a JD if you convert the JD to SSQA.

that green and orange color does clash though... ;)
Aren't you talking about the "Global" attachment? More than deere uses it, and it's much stronger than the skid steer attachment.

I much prefer it, just because it's more positive and stronger, it's on most of the more powerful tractors.

SR

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #194  
I think he is talking about JDQA, or John Deere Quick Attach, which is used between the 1 and 4 series.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #195  
The deere compacts I looked at lately had the Global, nothing spl. about it.

SR

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #197  
Define "normal people"?
Also most people won't see 300K out of ANY vehicle.
And you don't have experience with owning and operating an EV so you are posting with emotion and not facts.
The Dodge pickups both have 250K on them right now. The Honda is at 135K, the Tacoma is at 120K.

If you live in the city and don't travel much, then ~10K miles a year is plenty but, in my case working as a Software/Electrical/Systems Engineer I routinely had >100K miles a year for several years between business commitments and personal travel.

With housing costs increasing, a lot of people in the suburbs are "normal people" commuting a lot of miles routinely. This isn't the 80's when everyone traded cars routinely and considered 100K miles the End Of Life. The number of Japanese cars around where I live with >200K miles is really surprising.

I have yet to see an EV with >100K miles on it. I have seen several with 60K~80K which were salvaged due to failed batteries here in Texas due to the exorbitant costs of a new battery pack.

If I lived in an urban area in a warmer part of the country, I could see a good EV as a viable option. However, commuting from the suburbs where mileage adds up quickly along with problematic charging access is a factor. Being able to put that coal-fired electricity pollution in someone else's backyard is advantageous but, when I can buy a good Economy gasoline sedan for half the cost, I still think that it is a better option.

In terms of "no experience", while I am not a fan to say I have no experience is simply wrong. Just because I don't currently own one and won't buy one does not mean I have no experience. I spent a lot of time in Europe where various EV's were common along with Mercedes and BMW sedans, typically diesel, with >300,000Km on the odometer. And, I will add that my friend "circle" has 3 Tesla's in it and one person is building a solar array to power a Model 3.

Hybrids are where I think technology is sufficiently developed and good enough to go mainstream for most normal people who live in urban areas and don't do many long distance (>200 miles) drives.

Finally, the failure in the marketplace of EV cars speaks for itself. Ford and General Motors have both taken huge financial losses and backed off the EV push. Even Billions of Federal Tax Dollars couldn't sway enough people to make EV automobiles a good choice for most "normal" people.

If you want to be an early adopter, don't let me stop you! I think I will wait until we have infrastructure support and better lifecycle costs before I jump on the EV bandwagon for "normal people" living a normal lifestyle. If I was in downtown Los Angeles, Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta, or similar massive urban gridlock areas, I think there is MORE merit to owning something like a Tesla 3.

In the meantime, I will take the lower tire costs and lower insurance costs and apply that to subsidizing the gasoline or diesel pump charges for my vehicles. I did turn down an offer of a Tesla 3 with 30K miles on it for $15K plus fees/taxes. Even at that price, for my lifestyle, it simply costs more than something like a Honda Accord 4-cylinder. My Honda Accord "sport" 4-cylinder with the 6-speed manual averages 35MPG driven somewhat aggressively in East Texas so, maybe not as Earth-friendly as a Tesla Model 3 on a Solar Array but, a heck of a lot more practical and sensible for most "normal" people.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #198  
The deere compacts I looked at lately had the Global, nothing spl. about it.

SR

They weren't compact enough, lol.

proxy-image

good thoughts to you, fellow member, & regards

I hope you understand that it was meant in good fun; I'd hoped the emoji had expressed that.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #199  
If you actually followed the EV discussions you would see that no EV owner posting in the thread (well maybe one) is claiming EV's are saving the environment. You would be foolish not to take advantage of $$ being given to you by fed and state gov to buy a new EV if you were in the market for a new car.

You do you, I'll do me. I can do the math and figure out if the EV with BIDENOMICS sways me to use Federal Tax Dollars to lower my transportation costs. One-time savings over lifetime costs need to be considered to make a sound financial decision.

The vitriol and negative comments about EV's come from those who don't own an EV, never owned an EV, and either don't like Elon Musk or believe EV's will be mandate in the near future. Generally the negative comments focus on Tesla and Elon and not many of the other EV brands.

Tesla is one "Western" company to make solid EV vehicles. The early Chevrolet EV1 and various Honda's ended up in the crusher. Ford and General Motors' options have been a huge flop in the marketplace EVEN WITH subsidies to sway buyers to get them.

To say you KNOW NOTHING because YOU DON'T OWN AN EV is simply biased and ignorant. I don't own an airplane either but, that doesn't mean I can't fly one and maintain it. I'm not an artist in the classic sense but, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it either!

Elon Musk is polarizing in Social Media. It is hard to deny what he has done and focusing on only the failures misses the big picture IMHO. In terms of an EV mandate, I simply don't believe it will be possible in the next 20 years. Beyond that is a total guess with our current national debt and our ability to invest in infrastructure.

I own a F250 diesel that I still need but my Tesla Y is the best car I've ever owned in 40 years.

I am glad it is working out well for you.

You do you and I'll do me. I'm fine with having different opinions based on different facts and experiences.

I'm out of this thread hi-jack at this point, PM me if you want to continue but, at this point I think I'm done ....

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #200  
Some of this looks like the Cat 0 3-points that aren't true Cat 0 and universal.