Hydraulic Cylinder?

/ Hydraulic Cylinder? #1  

Tractor
Branson 3725CH
What size hydraulic cylinder would I need for adding hydraulic angling to my rear blade? My rear blade is 7 and medium duty(I would say, Titan 4407). My tractor is a Branson 3725CH. Not sure what psi, bore or rod diameter I would need. Thanks for any help.

/ Hydraulic Cylinder? #2  
Find a cylinder rated for the relief pressure of the tractor. Pretty much anything should work since it isn’t that high. Too big of a cylinder won’t hurt anything but a too small one will get bent when you hang the blade. I’d probably look for something between 2”-3” bore.

/ Hydraulic Cylinder? #3  
What size hydraulic cylinder would I need for adding hydraulic angling to my rear blade? My rear blade is 7 and medium duty(I would say, Titan 4407). My tractor is a Branson 3725CH. Not sure what psi, bore or rod diameter I would need. Thanks for any help.

Use a 3" diameter cylinder with a 1 1/2" dia rod. A 12" stroke at the minimum, longer if you have room. Using a longer stroke will get you better control of the angling of the blade. I recommend that you use a welded cylinder in place of a tie rod cylinder that many manufacturers often use on their implements.

I picture or two of the rear blade would help in making recommendations for the mounts. ;)

/ Hydraulic Cylinder? #4  
Woods makes rear blades with cylinders making them effectively "all way" hydrophliclly adjustable. May want to see how and what they did that with. A few other company's make them as well.

/ Hydraulic Cylinder?
Thanks for the help

/ Hydraulic Cylinder? #6  
Thanks for the help

I want to do the same thing with an offset rake eventually. I want to be able to offset and angle the rake hydraulically. Just seems like if you have rear remotes then why not make life a little easier.

/ Hydraulic Cylinder? #7  
Thanks for the help

Guessing that a 12" stroke cylinder is all that will fit. Have to lay things out to confirm.

I would fabricate a bracket that pinned over and under the 6 pin holes on the table for the rod end of the cylinder to pin too. This allows you to unpin the bracket, and turn the blade 180* for back blading or smoothing purposes.

Depending on the boom wall thickness, (anything under 3/8") make a base plate and weld the mount to the base plate and then weld the base plate to the boom.

Good luck. :thumbsup: