Backhoe Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators

/ Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators #11  
For a very brief period, I owned a 24" 35D JD excavator bucket. I tried it on the machine yesterday. It did not fit. It was extremely close. However, it was evident that the ears of the bucket were spread about .25" wider than the 110. I sold it today. The bucket info was as follows:
part number AT316558
1842211 serial number
and per the JD parts website, would fit:
35ZTS Excavator
35C ZTS Excavator
35D Compact Excavator (S.N. 234001-264999)
35D Compact Excavator (S.N. 265000- )
35G Excavator (PIN: 1FF035GX_ _K270001- )

Guess it pays to measure and check and measure again.. The hydraulic thumb (clamp, cylinder, etc.) on my 110 is for a 27 excavator.

AKfish

/ Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators
As jenkinsph suggests, there were likely more that one quick-tach bucket mount. The JD parts system on their site listed early and late design. I have a 2004 and it likely would have an early design. Despite that, if you do a where used on likewise components between the excavators and the 110, it seems that the usage is specific to machine, so far as the research I have done. In other words, the bucket I had, where used was listed on '35' variants, nothing for '27's or 110's. Likewise on other components. It is interesting to think that there would be greater interchangeability than JD lists when in fact it does.

I bought clean 50D and a 35D buckets in a package deal for a song. It was a very uneducated purchase. Even so, I've sold the 35D bucket for more than I paid for the two buckets including shipping.

Anyone in the market for a near new clean 50D 30" bucket?

/ Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators #13  
When I bought the quick change adaptor plate the dealer told me this would work with the late model buckets. My memory is a little foggy on this but I seem to think the whole contour of the curves of the two styles of mounting hooks were different. I wonder if the bucket you bought was just made improperly and was defective.

I built a quick coupler plate for Curly Dave to use with his hydraulic auger at the time and it was made for the new style plate. All of this was long enough ago that used buckets should be available to fit your machine. Can you post a pic of your quick attach plate from the side view? Measurements would help too.

The width between the plates was the issue. The width between, respectively, of my coupler and existing bucket varied by approx. 1/4" from the 35D. The 35D was wider. Thus, the "U" shaped ears would not fit between the washers of the pin holding the adapter and the thumb. The party I sold it to had another brand Excavator that he was retrofitting a JD quick tach coupler to. He purchased it from Hunt Tractor in Oregon. His coupler measured likewise 1/4" wider than than mine. Thus, the bucket worked perfectly for him.

/ Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators #15  
Good to know.:thumbsup:

Images with reference tape measure.

Attachments

• 110tlbbackquick.jpg
    110tlbbackquick.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 582
  • 110tlbbackquickmeasurel.jpg
    110tlbbackquickmeasurel.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 661
  • 110tlbbackquickmeasurew.jpg
    110tlbbackquickmeasurew.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 389
   / Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators #17  
Anyone know if you can buy the tractor part of the quick connect bucket and put it on another mini excavator? Not sure how much fabricating would be involved

/ Quick Tach Buckets, 110 TLB and Mini Excavators #18  
For a very brief period, I owned a 24" 35D JD excavator bucket. I tried it on the machine yesterday. It did not fit. It was extremely close. However, it was evident that the ears of the bucket were spread about .25" wider than the 110. I sold it today. The bucket info was as follows:
part number AT316558
1842211 serial number
and per the JD parts website, would fit:
35ZTS Excavator
35C ZTS Excavator
35D Compact Excavator (S.N. 234001-264999)
35D Compact Excavator (S.N. 265000- )
35G Excavator (PIN: 1FF035GX_ _K270001- )

Instead of the AT 316558 the correct number would be AT316554 for a 24" bucket. Of course Deere has other numbers listed for this bucket too. Hunttractor has some used buckets that should work in the
$6-700 dollar range.