JD 4410 HST Rear PTO Solenoid Replacement

/ JD 4410 HST Rear PTO Solenoid Replacement #1  

EdwardB

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4410
I have been troubleshooting an intermittent rear PTO issue. It randomly stops and may or may not start again. Sometimes tapping gently on the PTO solenoid does the trick, but this is becoming hit and miss also. I have a tech manual and have attached a diagram. I have several questions.

How do you remove the solenoid from the valve body?

The PTO solenoid shares a wiring harness with the MFWD solenoid. Do I have to replace both, or is there a way to unattach each from the back of the harness?

Any thing else I should keep in mind?

Attachments

• image-3096881775.jpg
    image-3096881775.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 2,175
   / JD 4410 HST Rear PTO Solenoid Replacement #2  
Both are listed as 2 items in jdparts.. so I'd suspect they can be "wired" in.. to the connector. i.e. don't have to buy the set.
Part no. YZ81355 and called a coil

/ JD 4410 HST Rear PTO Solenoid Replacement
Both are listed as 2 items in jdparts.. so I'd suspect they can be "wired" in.. to the connector. i.e. don't have to buy the set.
Part no. YZ81355 and called a coil

Thanks for the info. Any idea how to remove these fellas?

/ JD 4410 HST Rear PTO Solenoid Replacement #4  
Looking at jdparts, appears to be a nut on the top ... does that fit with what you see? Doesn't show like that in your OP.
Maybe a good pic that you can post..

Looking at jdparts, appears to be a nut on the top ... does that fit with what you see? Doesn't show like that in your OP.
Maybe a good pic that you can post..

I talked to a dealer and they said there was a metric nut. He suggested taking it apart and checking for corrosion before replacing the part. I'll try that.

Well, I finally got some time to crawl under the tractor and take a look. There is a size 14 metric nut on the top of the solenoid. Unfortunately I can't see any way to get a traditional socket or wrench on it. There are a bunch of hydraulic lines, linkages and wiring in this area - I can barely get my hand up there! In any case, does anyone have any advice on how to access this? Maybe a special wrench? I'm not up for wholesale disassembly to gain access so its going to the repair shop if there isn't a workable solution. Thoughts?

/ JD 4410 HST Rear PTO Solenoid Replacement #7  
Had to remove rear pto solenoid today for replacement -- it is a bit tight, but you can fit a std 14 mm open end wrench between the hydraulic lines and get the job done easily enough.

/ JD 4410 HST Rear PTO Solenoid Replacement #8  
MRB1
Good to know that. Hope it helps someone, but also hope Ed B got back up and running again.

:welcome: to TBN tks for the additional tidbit to help.