Dk45 what to look for

/ Dk45 what to look for #1  

Illiumrider

Tractor
None
Hello all, long time lurker here. Looking at a dk45se hst. Anything specific to look for when test driving? I'm fairly familiar with heavy equipment, just curious to specific model. Ways to check the hst? Also are there ways to check the serial number for any troubles in the past. Machine is currently dealer owned, so I've been checking into them to see if they are on the up and up. Roughly 1500 hrs.

Thanks all

/ Dk45 what to look for #2  
There is a bit of a known issue that applies to the DK SE series, not sure if it applies to earlier models, but check the under side of the transmission if there is any oil dripping from a hole that's almost big enough to get your hand in, there is a seal that was installed incorrectly at the factory.

I don't think it was every a systematic issue, but it was certainly a known issue. Mine had to go back under warrantee to have it replaced, a on a cab tractor, it's not a small deal.

That's the only defect my DK has ever had in the 5+ years and 1000 hours of ownership.

Some people had had issues with the ignition switch, but that's a pretty cheap and easy fix if it ever happens. My dealer at the threw in a free spare switch one day when I was visiting, just in case.

Jason

/ Dk45 what to look for #3  
My dad has a DKse tractor with 750 hours. The tractor is bullet proof! No problems at all.

/ Dk45 what to look for #4  
:welcome:
To TBN Rider. Glad that you finally joined so that we may get to know you.

/ Dk45 what to look for #5  
I know it was an issue on my the ck’s, you’re is the first I heard on a dk40.

/ Dk45 what to look for #6  
The DKse series were made from 2007 up until around 2015

I have 2 of them.

*Make sure all filters have been changed as per the manual, or at least the best you can determine, especially the HST filter.
*There was a reverse squealing issue involving the hydrostatic transmission on some units when driving in reverse after the oil warmed up. Kioti came up with an attenuator hose kit which solved this problem Part #T4125-39101 and T4125-39001
*There was an issue with the KB2485 backhoe when using it for an extended period. The return flow line through the rear remotes became a restriction with the high volume the backhoe requires. Kioti came up with a fix for this as well. The kit now comes with the backhoe I believe.
*A few of the very first dkse tractors that came out in 2007 and 2008 had warped cranks, but were discovered right out the gate, and are no longer in the market.
*I recall the older loaders they came with also had some issues with the cross member cracking, I'm fairly certain this was 2011 and prior, but perhaps someone could clarify. The KL401 is the newer loader I believe, and is quite good.

*i do not recall there ever being a seal leaking issue with the DKse like the ck had as mentioned earlier.

*Parts are available online easily from MIE as well as Nolts without issues and a fair price.
*Cross references for all filters can be found
*minimum kioti mark up on factory filters.

I would purchase these tractors again in a heartbeat. I just wish I had purchased one with a cab.

/ Dk45 what to look for #7  
*I recall the older loaders they came with also had some issues with the cross member cracking, I'm fairly certain this was 2011 and prior, but perhaps someone could clarify. The KL401 is the newer loader I believe, and is quite good.
I believe the loader cross member cracking issue was the early model CK's.
Don't recall that issue on the DK's