L345 Wiring Problem

/ L345 Wiring Problem #1  

carlubu1

Tractor
Kubota L345
A few weeks ago I described a problem I had with rats destroying my wiring and instrument light sockets on my L345. Since I bought this tractor used I didn't know until I began the rewiring that apparently I wasn't the first to have this problem with this tractor. Consequently some of the wiring colors and connections are different than those shown on the electrical diagram for an L345. The headlights, flashers and all external lights have been disconnected. The safety starter switch has been removed. Being much of a novice in wiring and deciphering the diagram, I hope someone can give me some help. Basically, I am now just trying to reconnect the hour meter with the charge and oil pressure indicators, and the temperature guage. Attached is the part of the diagram showing these. I tried to take pictures before I began the rewiring, but unfortunately due to the damage done by the rats and the prior owner, they don't provide me enough information. So, my probably stupid questions are: what do the "U", "IG" and "M" represent on the diagram?; Are they the bulbs or are they the posts on the guages?; What is the purpose of the ground from the "O"?; If the "M" on the temperature guage is a single lead bulb grounded through the housing of the guage why is the wire shown going to and from it?

Attachments

• l345 ed.jpg
    l345 ed.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 13,497
   / L345 Wiring Problem #2  
That diagram is a little confusing to me,
usually, "M" stands for "motor' in a diag.
"IG" would or could stand for "Ignition", but in this case, it doesn't.
Without seeing all of the diagram, i really can't give you definite answer's, but" I can say,
The temperature "pin's" or "post's" seem to be all grounded to post "O" and then grounded to chassis via a wire.

"C" and "M" on the hour meter appear to go to a power source somewhere?
Although "M" appears to be a light bulb, it's the wrong symbol for it, it should be a filament symbol.
Since this is an old machine, symbols may not be up to date, i don't know.

So here's my guesstimate, The yellow wire on the hour meter goes to "power" when the "light's" are on,
this "M" would be your light bulb...
The "Red" wire from post "C" on the hour meter would go to "Ignition ON" and post "O" on the hour meter is "ground" for all the other circuits, the power to " them " is feed from the hour meter.

/ L345 Wiring Problem #3  
kinda sounds like ya going to be pulling all the wires, and starting from scratch *ouch* but at least you will know what goes to what. one wire at a time! and not multiple at a time!

at least you are dealing with an open station tractor (no cab) which should make re-wiring entire machine easier.

full electrical diagram should be easy to get a hold of, you might try calling local dealer to see if you can get a copy or call kubota directly. might save you from buying a shop/service manual that would have full electrical diagram in it.

/ L345 Wiring Problem
Thanks! I have attached the full diagram, if that will help.
full dia.jpg

/ L345 Wiring Problem #5  
I think back then, diagrams were made to be more simple to understand...lol, :rolleyes:
So, my guess is, that the "M" stand's for "Meter",
if you look at the "starter switch", there are two post terminals marked "G", and these go to the
"Glow Plugs", see what i mean, if you use that mentality, you may be able to figure "what" the letters mean, BUT, in any case, what they mean doesn't really matter to you,,
as long as you know if one is a "feed" ( power source or a B+ as they called it back then and still do) and you know the ground's, you should be able to decipher it.

It's also apparent that the "yellow" wire goes to a ten amp fuse and only has power when the key is on,
or the light "switch" is turned on, therefore, I would assume these are light's,,
I did notice that they do use "filaments" to represent "bulb's", so the "M" your concerned about, is NOT a bulb
but stands for a "meter" connection goes here.:confused:lol

/ L345 Wiring Problem
Thanks, again Skyhook! I wish the previous owner had stayed with the diagram when he rewired. I guess the good thing is that the tractor will still crank. Apparently rats don't like the larger wires��

/ L345 Wiring Problem #7  
Ya, I hear ya, CB1, if ya have difficulties along the way, just let us know.