Kubota cutting edge for front bucket

/ Kubota cutting edge for front bucket #1  

Rutcutter

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460 4wd w/LA1055 Loader/ Rear Top and Tilt
My dealer that I'm purchasing my new L5460 from has offered me a cutting edge for my front light material bucket for $225 installed.. Do you guys think that's a good deal and is it worth it?

/ Kubota cutting edge for front bucket #2  
I think it depends on your use. Is this bucket going to be used for daily commercial use or just the occasional around the property project? Sand, light soil, gravel etc.?

/ Kubota cutting edge for front bucket #3  
If it's your only loader or bucket, yes. All of my smooth buckets have a "boce" or bolt on cutting edge. Cheap money in the long run although if you have plans for a bolt on tooth bar it may interfere with it or make it hard to find one that will slip over it. Some of mine are double edged and reversible. Cutting off and welding back on new c/e is a decent job and just the parts will be the same $$. It will also add considerable strength.

/ Kubota cutting edge for front bucket #4  
I paid $300 for mine, installed. I scrape the 300 foot paved driveway and it shows a little wear over 2 years. Money well spent.

/ Kubota cutting edge for front bucket
Utopia its only going to be used like you said and I had no problem with the bucket edge on my last L4330/853 but was wondering if it would be worth the 225 to go ahead and have them install it while its there.

/ Kubota cutting edge for front bucket #6  
Some buckets have two wear strips running at a right angle to the front. very useful in keeping bucket bottom from wear.

/ Kubota cutting edge for front bucket #7  
If it makes you feel better about the wear on the bucket and you have the spare cash go for it!

/ Kubota cutting edge for front bucket #8  
If the bucket is heavy duty already it may not do much except for a lot of wear from scraping on concrete. But, it will strengthen the bottom of the bucket if you are digging out rocks or tree stumps etc. I would get it.

/ Kubota cutting edge for front bucket #9  
   / Kubota cutting edge for front bucket #10  
Utopia its only going to be used like you said and I had no problem with the bucket edge on my last L4330/853 but was wondering if it would be worth the 225 to go ahead and have them install it while its there.

I bought one for mine, now i`m glad i did...!