Kubota B7800 Fuel Solenoid

/ Kubota B7800 Fuel Solenoid #1  

Miket1961

Tractor
Kubota B7800
Hello, I'm helping a friend troubleshoot an intermediate problem with his fuel solenoid. It seems to arbitrarily de-energize. We took the dash apart and jiggled wires on the dash and near where they go under the fuel tank. We were unable to find anything definitive. When the solenoid was energized I checked the wire(rd/bk) wire from the key switch to the hot wire on the solenoid and put in a jumper wire from right at the switch to the the plug on the solenoid as a means to troubleshoot . The tractor still stalled out within 15 minutes or so of operating it. I'm having a hard time finding a wiring diagram so that I can properly troubleshoot it. I'd really appreciate any help with this and more so information about the wiring for this circuit.

/ Kubota B7800 Fuel Solenoid #2  
Regardless of how u have it jumped.. it HAS TO ground THRU the body..
They are a KNOWN problem so its very possible that it does "break down" after running..

/ Kubota B7800 Fuel Solenoid #3  
Hi and welcome to the forum!
:welcome:

I'm going to move this thread over to our Kubota section to see if we can find you some answers.

/ Kubota B7800 Fuel Solenoid
Thanks Catherine, that'll probably help me find an answer.
Pumpguysc, I'll check the ground continuity on the other wire and verify if it's open as well. Thanks

/ Kubota B7800 Fuel Solenoid #5  
Many Kubotas energize the shutdown solenoid to stop,
can you remove the solenoid and run the tractor without it?
Mechanically shutting down and opening the fuel.

The tractor will not run unless there is power to the solenoid, so I don't think it will run with the solenoid removed, but I will try it out just to be sure. Thanks

/ Kubota B7800 Fuel Solenoid #7  
Mike, That's because when u remove the "power".. the solenoid is spring loaded to shut the engine down.. the solenoid plunger pushes on a control rack inside the pump..
IF you REMOVE IT, theres nothing to push the control rack to the "shut-off" position..
SO.. IT'LL RUN.. U just cant shut it off w/ the key switch now..

/ Kubota B7800 Fuel Solenoid #8  
Mike, That's because when u remove the "power".. the solenoid is spring loaded to shut the engine down.. the solenoid plunger pushes on a control rack inside the pump..
IF you REMOVE IT, theres nothing to push the control rack to the "shut-off" position..

A question for you thepumpguysc is the kubota like many others that energize to run that one wire goes to a pull in coil then the other wire goes to a hold in coil.
Our IH Magnums use this method, my little kubota uses power to stop from a timer when the key is turned of.
Looking at the replacements for a b7800 it looks like it has the pin that moves the internal rack to run and a spring to return to stop?

You're right pump guy, I didn't think my response through before I replied. I should of said that I don't believe this model to require power to operate the solenoid to shut it off as the only time we've gotten it to run is when we had power to the solenoid. I was not there the last time it stalled. I need to first check if there is power to the solenoid when it stops running and then check the continuity of the ground wire. If anyone has wiring diagram of this circuit I'd appreciate a copy. Thanks for the continued help !

/ Kubota B7800 Fuel Solenoid #10  
A poster above sez it has to ground thru the valve body....if so....why would there be a ground wire ???
Just trying to help out.