Leaky hydro fluid on L3540

/ Leaky hydro fluid on L3540 #1  

clarky711

Tractor
Kubota L3540
L3540 - YouTube

Please check out the quick video that shows hydro fluid steadily dripping out near one if the valves. All fitting are tight and it just started happening over the last few weeks. This summer I had a Kubota tech work on the tractor including removing the rear third function valve but otherwise have had no issue in this area. Any ideas? Thanks

/ Leaky hydro fluid on L3540 #2  
Should actually take it off and look at it; maybe there’s a small crack in the fitting. If you don’t see any cracks, make sure thefittings cleaning snd put it back on - maybe it’s just slightly off now

/ Leaky hydro fluid on L3540 #3  
Tha'ts a pretty good drip. Agree with seville -If the nut is tight and you are sure it is not running down the tubing from some where above then take off nut and look for cracked tubing.

gg

/ Leaky hydro fluid on L3540 #4  
Tha'ts a pretty good drip. Agree with seville -If the nut is tight and you are sure it is not running down the tubing from some where above then take off nut and look for cracked tubing.

gg

This is simple, just shut it down, take the hydraulic pressure off the fitting, take the fitting loose and look for the problem. It should be obvious. Either it is just loose, or you have a crack somewhere. Cracks in the tubing are usually in the flared section or just where it starts to flare. Or sometimes there is dirt or something that means the flare isn't seating properly. You can loosen the nut and there should be enough give in the line so you can pull it loose enough to inspect the sealing surface. It isn't all that unusual to inspect one, clean it up, and retighten with the result that it quits leaking.

But first also look very carefully for a cracked nut. I never saw a cracked nut until last year when I did a lot of flared fittings and was surprised when several of the new imported flare nuts cracked lengthwise. They were still strong enough to take full torque, and I didn't even notice when I tightened them down. but of course they leaked. I've never had that happen before.
rScotty

/ Leaky hydro fluid on L3540
Thanks all. I worked on it quickly yesterday and loosened and retightened the nut and it almost stopped the leak completely. However I had a bunch of work to do with the tractor so I was leery of removing the hose completely. It’s much better and I’ll tackle it more this coming weekend. Hopefully it just needs a cleaning and will be all set.