New member & New Kubota Owner/Mods (pics)

/ New member & New Kubota Owner/Mods (pics) #1  

andrewwilliams

Tractor
Kubota L2501DT
Hey all,

just took delivery of my L2501DT last week. I upgraded from a 1958 Ford 601 Workmaster. I was tired of having to wrench on the tractor everytime I wanted to get some work done!

Took advantage of the 0% for 60mo offer and it has been great. Power steering for the win! I know its Kubota's economy tractor...but it sure feels like a Cadillac to me!

Mods:
RH side handle
Amazon LED headlights
Amazon LED rear work light
Rubber mats (that are too small, I'll have to find wider ones to cut from)

I got the tractor with the optional weights on the front end and the 60" rotary cutter from LandPride. It's been over a month since I ordered the tractor and cutter and the cutter still has not arrived. I talked the dealer into letting me sign for it anyway and I took the tractor home without the cutter. Used my 72" Tarter cutter on it one last time before I sold it. I've been using it to mow out 10 acres (plus some property not owned by me) and I've been clearing out some trails in out wooded areas.

IMG_3437.jpgIMG_3438.jpgIMG_3445.jpgIMG_3469.jpgIMG_3501.jpgIMG_3586.jpgIMG_3548.jpg

/ New member & New Kubota Owner/Mods (pics) #2  
Beautiful. Only thing "economy" about those is the price compared with the larger models. I had an L2350 for ten years, and though I've upgraded to a more powerful Kubota, it did all I asked. You are gonna love it.

/ New member & New Kubota Owner/Mods (pics) #3  
welcome to the forum & nice score. esp like the image of dad & the young lads, a good match for many years to come

/ New member & New Kubota Owner/Mods (pics) #4  
Welcome to TBN.

Congrats on nice setup :thumbsup: don't forget plan for BIGGER toolbox. ;)

/ New member & New Kubota Owner/Mods (pics) #5  
In pic #2 are you mounting the easy chair on your new ride? Ha ha
I love the last pic. Kids and tractors=great.
I have one of my youngest(probably last) grandson and I riding on my last tractor. I need one with him on my new one.
Enjoy the new one.
I need to clean my woods out a little when I get time. I am very very busy at this time. My todo list is so long, with my poor eyesight now, I can no longer see the end.

/ New member & New Kubota Owner/Mods (pics) #6  
Nice tractor! I want the L3901 economy tractor, except with HST.

The picture with the rotary cutter looks like it belongs in a stock photo for Kubota ads for that model. :D

/ New member & New Kubota Owner/Mods (pics) #7  
Nice shiny new tractor! Are those grab handles on the fenders OEM? I'm always leery about anything that can act as a hook when you least expect it.

/ New member & New Kubota Owner/Mods (pics)
Nice shiny new tractor! Are those grab handles on the fenders OEM? I'm always leery about anything that can act as a hook when you least expect it.

They are OEM. The tractor only ships with the left hand side though. They assume these will all have a FEL, which would block access from the right hand side.

/ New member & New Kubota Owner/Mods (pics) #9  
Only one handle cost savings on the L tractors....

/ New member & New Kubota Owner/Mods (pics) #10  
Well, don't forget there is no step rung on the right side either. Would be kind of hard climbing on board even if there was no loader. Don't even know if there is room to mount a step on the right side. Most economy L models put the hydraulic junction block and a filter right in that spot.