Spade/Trencher for M59

/ Spade/Trencher for M59 #1  

caballero59

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L39, M59, ZD326, Deere 6415
I'm needing to dig a shallow ditch for electrical and don't want to use the 24" bucket. Does anyone know of a company that makes a ripper/ditcher/spade attachment that replaces the bucket? It appears that Bro-Tek is only building wheel spacers now...

/ Spade/Trencher for M59 #2  
How deep and wide? Maybe make something with angle iron to attach to the backhoe bucket...

/ Spade/Trencher for M59
Just wide enough so the dipper stick clears the trench.

/ Spade/Trencher for M59 #4  
Ok that's wider then I was thinking....

/ Spade/Trencher for M59 #5  
are you putting in conduit or direct burial wire and what size?

/ Spade/Trencher for M59
are you putting in conduit or direct burial wire and what size?

I'll put it in conduit. I see some rippers available but none that I've found for the M59. Great tractor by the way.

/ Spade/Trencher for M59 #7  
Be interested in what you come up with.

Need a ripper for both the m59 and b26. Bought the qa ears for b26 for fabrication. Mainly for roots and rocks. BroTek design had a flatbar on the back of the ripper that helped open the ripper trench if I recall correctly. An option I like.

Have laid some direct burial cable with a subsoiler and J-tube. Thinking something like that. Rip the ground first, attach the J-tube and lay cable or pipe. Still on the drawing board.

Have/had 12” buckets on the Ford 4500 and b26. Still a lot of spoil to deal with and clay soils with head size rocks like to pack narrow buckets.

There is company that fabricates rippers for $1200 for backhoes I see advertising in CL. My m59 bucket is pin on. I think the bucket yoke and change to qa ears to get quick attach. The qa on the b26 is the best I have ever seen.

If not going deep maybe something that attaches to your bucket?

/ Spade/Trencher for M59 #8  
I never did understand what a ripper tooth could do that a narrow bucket couldn't do better, but there must be some reason they are sought after...
A friend built a ripper for his M59 and was surprised to find out how much $$ he had into it when done. Here's a photo of one of the QA ears he ordered from Kubota for the project.

Attachments

• Photo_1 of OEM ear.jpg
    Photo_1 of OEM ear.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 90
   / Spade/Trencher for M59
I never did understand what a ripper tooth could do that a narrow bucket couldn't do better, but there must be some reason they are sought after...
A friend built a ripper for his M59 and was surprised to find out how much $$ he had into it when done. Here's a photo of one of the QA ears he ordered from Kubota for the project.

Nice build! The primary (and weighty) reason to steer away from a narrow bucket is the difficulty of unloading them in sticky soil.

/ Spade/Trencher for M59 #10