BX 2230 won't shut off...

/ BX 2230 won't shut off... #1  

Tags

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX2360/ Kubota SVL90-2/ Kobelco 115SR/ Takeuchi TB260
I did my (hopefully) last mowing and cleaning of the leaves for the season, after I finished I blew the machine off with my hand held blower, went to shut the machine off...nothing...still running, with the key in the off position. I checked all the fuses and they were OK, so the only way to shut it off is to reach and pull the linkage that is connected to the solenoid that typically shuts it off, so I'm thinking the solenoid that shuts it off has gone bad. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

/ BX 2230 won't shut off... #2  
You might have knocked a wire loose with the blower. It doesn't take much to knock off a wire. I would just look for a loose hanging wire with a flashlight. I have found that using a flashlight, even in daytime can help to see things that are not where they are supposed to be. Good luck and let us know what you find.
Dusty

/ BX 2230 won't shut off... #3  
just doubly check the fuse for the auxilary power supply. if it blows it disables the engine stop system. i was using the power outlet for a while when we sold a bx for sparyers etc and was bitten more than once. now i dont recommend ever using the outlet for safety reasons, if the fuse blows it diables all the safety switches, :eek:

/ BX 2230 won't shut off... #4  
Tags said:
so the only way to shut it off is to reach and pull the linkage that is connected to the solenoid that typically shuts it off, so I'm thinking the solenoid that shuts it off has gone bad.

The fuel shut off solonoid is spring loaded and when energized it pulls the plunger into position to let the fuel flow. When power is cut the spring pushed the plunger back and cuts the fuel. It sounds like maybe the spring is broken or the plunger is somehow binding in the housing. Check to see if power is really being cut to the solonoid and if so change it out.

This info applies to the 905 engine which came in the BX 2230 at least for a while. Some went to the 902 engine so I don't know which one you have but I bet it would work very similar.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

/ BX 2230 won't shut off... #5  
From the BX23 WSM.
Engine will not shut off when main switch is turned off:
1) Fuse blown (20a)
2) Wireing harness disconnected or improperly connected between the main switch AC terminal and engine stop solenoid.
3) Engine stop solenoid defective.

I would make sure everything tests good before I went out and bought a new stop solenoid.

The attachment is the WSM instructions for troubleshooting the stop solenoid.

Good luck
Volfandt

Attachments

• BX Stop Solenoid.JPG
    BX Stop Solenoid.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 4,762
   / BX 2230 won't shut off... #6  
The BX2230 that I have has the external solenoid linkage and it just pulls at shut down. Guess that is the difference with the 905 and 902 engines.
David

/ BX 2230 won't shut off...
Ok, thanks for the info, I'm gonna check it out tomorrow. I did check to see about any loose wires originally and saw none but I will check over everything.

/ BX 2230 won't shut off... #8  
rbarker said:
The fuel shut off solonoid is spring loaded and when energized it pulls the plunger into position to let the fuel flow. When power is cut the spring pushed the plunger back and cuts the fuel. It sounds like maybe the spring is broken or the plunger is somehow binding in the housing. Check to see if power is really being cut to the solonoid and if so change it out.

This info applies to the 905 engine which came in the BX 2230 at least for a while. Some went to the 902 engine so I don't know which one you have but I bet it would work very similar.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

sorry bud, these suckers energise the solinoid to stop, they are normally in the run position when the solinoid is not energised. the tick noise they make about 10 seconds after you stop the motor is actually the solinoid clicking out. it is controlled by a timer which do sometimes die as well.

/ BX 2230 won't shut off... #9  
I had this happen to my 23 over a year ago.The post was called cant shut it down [i think] The solenoid is on the same fuse as the accesorys[the wire under the seat you hook your accesory lights to]. WHY THEY DID THIS IS BEYOND ME.I never found any problem with the lights or any thing else.Replaced the fuse and all is well.
ALAN

/ BX 2230 won't shut off... #10  
ozzie tractor said:
sorry bud, these suckers energise the solinoid to stop, they are normally in the run position when the solinoid is not energised. the tick noise they make about 10 seconds after you stop the motor is actually the solinoid clicking out. it is controlled by a timer which do sometimes die as well.

Not on the 905 engine. See attached.

Attachments

• solonoid.gif
    solonoid.gif
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,772