Evergreen State

/ Evergreen State #1  

arto98607

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota F3060, Grasshopper 721D, Ford 1310, John Deere 440 ICD, John Deere 300
Hi all,
Our mowing season has started and we had to do our first mowing of the year yesterday! I used our good old Grasshopper 721D with 61 inch deck for couple of hours.

It will get lot more active as the weather warms up, but eventually by late July or early August we get a little break for few weeks due to extremely dry mid summers around here.

:cool: Cheers

/ Evergreen State #2  
Wow, much earlier start on mowing than us here in Missouri. My Hustler is waiting in the shed when the time comes, 15 years of use out of it and my wife still considers it a lot of fun to operate.

/ Evergreen State #3  
Does seem to be early this year...

We have family friend wine makers in WA and they say just about every year the growing season keeps getting better...

/ Evergreen State
Does seem to be early this year...Zip....

It's normal here in our area, we usually have to mow in February.

WA State has quite a different climate, depending on which side of the Cascade Mountains one lives.

/ Evergreen State #5  
I'm on the other side of the Cascades. They won't turn on the irrigation water for another month or so. For interested people, many areas on the east side of the state get less rain than Phoenix.

/ Evergreen State #6  
It's normal here in our area, we usually have to mow in February.

WA State has quite a different climate, depending on which side of the Cascade Mountains one lives.

I'm in Olympia and the wine makers out down Richland way...

/ Evergreen State #7  
I'm in SW WA, too, and we had snow last week. Maybe elevation difference. I'm at 1100 feet. Some grass along the roads is starting to look green.

Bruce

/ Evergreen State #8  
Sea or Sound Level in Olympia...

What snow falls is gone by noon...

/ Evergreen State #9  
My grass is a bit uneven, but with the price of gas being what it is I can wait a bit. Certain spots I would probably leave muddy ruts right now anyway.:laughing:

/ Evergreen State #10  
Yep... $4 a gallon at the majors in the SF Bay Area but we have a few discounters close to $3.... just shows fuel prices can vary by 33%... now if I could just buy ethanol free it wouldn't be so bad...