Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - Choke lever spring (need new one - can't find engine schematic)

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - Choke lever spring (need new one - can't find engine schematic) #1  

jpilk99

Gold Member
Tractor
1983 Ford 1700, 4WD, 770 Loader, Woods backhoe, Woods brush hog,etc.
I have an '11 Husqvarna LGT 24K54 with (obviously) the Kawasaki 2 cylinder 24 horse engine. I noticed the spring that returns the Choke lever to an Open position has gone missing. I've mickey-moused a replacement in there for the time being, but, would like to order an OEM replacement, but, will be darned if I can't find a schematic of the engine with that choke spring.

I've searched for "Husqvarna LGT 24K54 Kawasaki engine choke spring" and a variety of derivatives and cain't find nothin! Any help is greatly appreciated.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - Choke lever spring (need new one - can't find engine schematic) #2  
The little circular spring around the choke shaft? If you are looking for a Kawasaki part, you should use that model and spec number. Even the product number of the chassis may reference the engine info. IE 96004568 02

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - Choke lever spring (need new one - can't find engine schematic)
The little circular spring around the choke shaft? If you are looking for a Kawasaki part, you should use that model and spec number. Even the product number of the chassis may reference the engine info. IE 96004568 02

Thanks Tom. I'll chase it that way.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - Choke lever spring (need new one - can't find engine schematic)

Oddly, I'm able to find the engine on a Kawasaki parts site, but, they just show the carb; not the associated parts like the spring... (see image)

Attachments

• Husqy Kawasaki engine carb schematic.JPG
    Husqy Kawasaki engine carb schematic.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 135
   / Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - Choke lever spring (need new one - can't find engine schematic) #6  
fr691v-cs06 I see now :)

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - Choke lever spring (need new one - can't find engine schematic) #7  
So yours has a separate choke control. Does it have a separate spring other than what may be on the choke shaft? The diagram in the control section doesn't really say what all the springs are for.

So yours has a separate choke control. Does it have a separate spring other than what may be on the choke shaft? The diagram in the control section doesn't really say what all the springs are for.

Hi Tom. Yes, I have the fr691v-cs06. I believe my setup has a separate choke control, as there's only one control to it :). There's no other spring. In the image below, with the spring missing, you can see the black choke lever with the yellow arrow pointing to where the top of the spring would seat. Below, with the white arrow, you can see where the bottom of the spring would anchor, in that metal tab with the little hole; (if visible).

As mentioned, I mickey-moused a bigger spring that is achored about 3" below under a frame rail and it's working. I'm just a wee bit frustrated that I couldn't find the correct part. I don't like to mickey-mouse things.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Husqy spring.JPG
    Husqy spring.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 137
   / Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - Choke lever spring (need new one - can't find engine schematic) #9  
Item 92145A on the control diagram for you engine on Kawasaki parts diagram. Part number 92145-1812

Last edited:
   / Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - Choke lever spring (need new one - can't find engine schematic) #10  
Maybe Randy could double check the number. It looks like a bolt? or maybe swing by Deere and grab that other number.