Massey Ferguson 65 Wiring not there

/ Massey Ferguson 65 Wiring not there #1  

flaschman

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 65
Our Massey has been working. It had rusted and busted gauges. As we replace them, we find that the original generator has an alternator in its place. We have the three lug key switch and no safety switch wired into key switch line.
We have no fuel level nor ammeter activity. Our oil pressure and temprature are mechanical now, so we at least have that to keep us aware of pressure. Our goal is to get the fuel gauge functionong, but, have not been able to get that working.

Does anyone have a similarly retrofitted machine that would have photos or a wiring diagram to show the rounting of power from which lead of the alternator or wherever to run the wiring to get the gauges back to a functioning level?

/ Massey Ferguson 65 Wiring not there #2  
Hey, here is the wiring diagram for the 65 mark 2. I just rewired mine - there are no fuses on it and i strongly recommend you put some in because there will be all sorts of dodgy connectors, cables and wotnot in there. We found that one of the wires to the front lights has lost some insulation and had melted along its entire length down the side of the engine - it must have made a pretty big flash/bang. I have the full electrical section of the 65 manual if you PM me. Best of luck.

Attachments

• MF65 wiring diagram.jpg
    MF65 wiring diagram.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 36,640
   / Massey Ferguson 65 Wiring not there
Hey thanks for the lead, I have neither a voltage regulator nor a generator, just an alternator. It is a diesel if that made any matter in the whole realm of things. I think we have a spot to begin with though.

Thanks again