Wiring Diagram for "Frame Off" 1962 MF-35 Restoration

/ Wiring Diagram for "Frame Off" 1962 MF-35 Restoration #1  

ToddL

Tractor
JD 2400 / Kubota KX 121-3 / 1962 MF-35 Diesel Delux
My son and I are restoring a 1962 MF-35 Diesel Deluxe and building the tractor back on the original paint scheme while replacing numerous parts. Although not original, this tractor was converted from a dynamo, at some point, and converted to +12 (negative ground) with a Delco alternator having only one output for the +12 on the battery. (The voltage regulator is incorporated therein.)

The wiring "harness" was a complete rat's nest of modifications, loose ends and damaged insulation, and virtually useless. We are going back with all new gauges, fuel sender, dash light, fuel vaporizer and the works. If anyone has performed a complete re-wire and would be kind enough to share their electrical diagrams and/or comments, we will be most grateful!

Thanks,

Todd - Dallas, NC

/ Wiring Diagram for "Frame Off" 1962 MF-35 Restoration #2  
View1.jpg
I searched for a long time for this myself. This is the one I used This is for a dual plug. Single is way easier. You can search for gm single wire alt conversion any old car would be the same. I completely removed my voltage reg. If you do it like mine I can help if you need it. GL Todd.

/ Wiring Diagram for "Frame Off" 1962 MF-35 Restoration #5  
there, complainer! LOL

/ Wiring Diagram for "Frame Off" 1962 MF-35 Restoration
Your diagram looks pretty much what we did on ours. I have a single output, 62 amp alternator with all of the gauges. At the time of wiring, I initially ran the alternator output straight to the battery post on the starter solenoid and then found out later the circuit had to be re-configured to work properly. Thank the Lord everything tested OK and worked well.

I appreciate your response and assistance!

Todd

Attachments

• 20150208_183227.jpg
    20150208_183227.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 38,818