LED dash lights for GC17xx?

/ LED dash lights for GC17xx? #1  

wakeshredder

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1720
Has anyone ever replaced their GC17xx dash lights with LED's? I recently upgraded my headlights from halogen to a nice bright LED bulb type. It really made a difference. Now, I'm thinking it would be nice not to have those crappy dash halogens, and upgrade to LED there. I suppose I can pull them out and see what they are. I just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, in case someone already knows the 411 on this.

Thanks in advnance!

/ LED dash lights for GC17xx? #2  
Just reach in and twist the holder out and get number off bulb.... IT probably a pretty common bulb, had one of mine out, but don't remember what the numbers were, I remember it being a "wedge base" bulb though...

918-ML7W4C-2.jpg

Dale

/ LED dash lights for GC17xx? #3  
Be sure to replace them with LED bulbs that are omni-directional or you will be underwhelmed. Many LEDs of that type have a pretty narrow cone of light.

/ LED dash lights for GC17xx? #4  
Without looking I would think that the dash bulbs would be like 194’s and I know they make those in LED, bet it would look nice with LED bulbs.

/ LED dash lights for GC17xx? #5  
Without looking I would think that the dash bulbs would be like 194’s and I know they make those in LED, bet it would look nice with LED bulbs.

LEDs in instruments typically don't burn out with age. Nor do they get dim with age. Also, you can order LEDs in various colors. I changed all my BMW motorcycle instrument lamps to LEDs. I saw a marked increase in instrument brightness. I put amber LEDs on the left side (low RPM) side of the tachometer and red on the right side (high RPM/red line). However do not change the alternator lamp from incandescent. The alternator needs the resistance of the lamp to help excite the stator.