Trailer wiring ports on back of tractor

/ Trailer wiring ports on back of tractor #1  

audiski86

Tractor
1997 New Holland 2120
My New Holland T4030 has 2 electric ports at the rear of the tractor which I assumed were for trailer wiring. The only thing is that they look nothing like the 7 way flat blades on my trailer or even the 4 way ones I have seen on smaller trailers.

Is it European, some sort of Ag specific, etc? Is there an adapter I can purchase and what would it be called?

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    721 KB · Views: 3,562
   / Trailer wiring ports on back of tractor #2  
If it's a 7 (round) pin connector, it's what is used on heavy trucks (usually) . This is what came on my M9540 Kubota, and it is explained in the owners man. You might find out on line with NH.

/ Trailer wiring ports on back of tractor #3  
My New Holland T4030 has 2 electric ports at the rear of the tractor which I assumed were for trailer wiring. The only thing is that they look nothing like the 7 way flat blades on my trailer or even the 4 way ones I have seen on smaller trailers.

Is it European, some sort of Ag specific, etc? Is there an adapter I can purchase and what would it be called?

Trailer wiring ports on back of tractor! yes! that what they are! Go to a trucker supply house they will have the mates to them. :D

/ Trailer wiring ports on back of tractor #4  

they are there for lights like on a round baler where u cant see the tractor my nh round baler has the other end of that plug

/ Trailer wiring ports on back of tractor
If it's a 7 (round) pin connector, it's what is used on heavy trucks (usually) . This is what came on my M9540 Kubota, and it is explained in the owners man. You might find out on line with NH.

Thanks, I always assumed that heavy trucks had the 7 flat blades as well. I guess that is pretty sad I don't know considering I have a Class A cdl! Not what I do day to day though. I work not too far from a freightliner dealer so i'll give them a call tomorrow to ask about adapters.

Also, that explains the 7 round pin, but what about the 4 (2 round male and 2 round female) pin in the picture below the 7 pin?

/ Trailer wiring ports on back of tractor #6  
Thanks, I always assumed that heavy trucks had the 7 flat blades as well. I guess that is pretty sad I don't know considering I have a Class A cdl! Not what I do day to day though. I work not too far from a freightliner dealer so i'll give them a call tomorrow to ask about adapters.

Also, that explains the 7 round pin, but what about the 4 (2 round male and 2 round female) pin in the picture below the 7 pin?

That is for implements needing power as well. Baler boxes and such. New Holland has the male end for this as well

/ Trailer wiring ports on back of tractor #7  
The NH part number for the 7 pin connector is 361428.
The NH part number for the 4 pin connector is 81864735.

The “wiring port” where the wires are fed through on the cab is NH part number 84290317. This is the flat “D” shaped rubber piece that is removed to feed the wires through.