New Holland Boomer 40 problems.

/ New Holland Boomer 40 problems. #1  

vfrtodd

Tractor
New Holland Boomer 40
Hi all. Just became a member. Just traded in my Cub Cadet 7300 for a New Holland Boomer 40. I have had a few problems right from the start. First, I had to wait three weeks for a Backhoe attachment, New Holland closed a factory and they were on backorder forever. My dealer found one at another dealer, so they picked it up and put on my machine. First problem was that one control on the backhoe was backwards. Instead of the bucket curling, it dumped instead. Then I noticed that the bucket was not square, it was on a slight angle. Then I noticed the Hydraulic fluid leaking from the front end loader fittings. Keep in mind that I have not even used this thing yet. Also, all the seats are falling apart. They had a recall on them and are going to replace them as soon as they are in stock. Some communication issiues with the dealer did not help with my mood after all this. They sent a service guy out to fix the leak and the Backhoe control yesterday. I went out on my road today for 3 hours moving some stone. 2 hours into it I notice that I am leaking Hydraulic fluid again, from the same fittings. Another thing I noticed was the movement in the front loader when I was trying to backdrag a small pile of Item 4. I was moving about 6" of material to level it out. As soon as I hit the stone, my bucket moved about 2 or 3 inches. I don't know if that is from the quick deconnect bucket or there is air in the hydualics? Not a happy camper at this point with New Holland. Has anybody else had any problems like this? What are my options here? Can I tell the dealer I don't want this tractor anymore? I financed it with my Cub Cadet as a trade in. Thoughts anybody?

/ New Holland Boomer 40 problems. #2  
What year and how many hours?

The play/slop in the FEL bucket can be due to wear if the tractor is from the early 2000's, or it could need new bushings if it is newer. Older ones don't have bushings and there is no repair kit or method from NH.

/ New Holland Boomer 40 problems.
The tractor is brand new. I have not even used the Backhoe yet.

/ New Holland Boomer 40 problems. #4  
Oh, that's not good. I would stay on the dealer full time until you are totally satisfied. There should be no leaks, and you may have to analyze why the bucket has play in it. The backhoe bucket should be "true" also within reason. Those are things the dealer should make right.

Don't know about just returning it, a lot depends on your state laws for consumer protection.

/ New Holland Boomer 40 problems. #5  
I'd take it back and get either a different tractor or your trade and money...wouldn't delay long either...no way a brand new machine should have all of those problems !

Rich

/ New Holland Boomer 40 problems. #6  
Don't know about just returning it, a lot depends on your state laws for consumer protection.

Dave nailed it.:thumbsup: It all depends on your state and their consumer protection. You have federal laws that give you 3 days to back out of a deal with financing, but your state may have additional protections. The worst thing you can do is procrastinate. You need to make an immediate documented
effort to return the tractor and nullify your deal. You can't be wishy-washy about it. If you don't want the tractor, say so and do it quickly. It may cost you a few bucks, but nothing like having a "lemon" in your barn.

/ New Holland Boomer 40 problems.
Well, New Hollands response was, That is what the warranty is for. So the dealer is going to order a new bucket, they fixed the fittings again today. They are going to fiqure out why there is movment in the front loader. They are trying. New Holland recorded my serial number and said if I continue to have problems after the dealer fixes everything, then they will talk about a replacement. I do like the tractor, so I am going to give them the chance to make it right.
Thanks everybody for the input.

/ New Holland Boomer 40 problems. #8  
I have a 2011 Bommer 3040 CVT transmission tractor. I have 100 hours on it. At 85 hours the tractor was a run-away. Literally, it would speed up to 13.5 miles per hour and I had no control. The only way to stop the tractor was to shift it into N. WOW! The tractor sat as the dealer for 59 days where the dealer was working with New Holland to fix the problem. I was told the same thing, "that’s what warranty is for". They finally replaced a $5000 part and it works. Ever since the repairs I now have a leak; the dealer has tried to fix it 2 times without success. This tractor is used around the land next to buildings, by my wife and kids. No one trusts the tractor. New Holland proposed an extended warranty package. I now have 20 hours of use on the fix and have anxiety about the reliability and safety of the equipment. The dealer said a replacment tractor would cost me around $4,000 dollars. Why is it my fault......... Other than that I really liked the functionality of the tractor when it is working!

/ New Holland Boomer 40 problems. #9  
I have a 2011 Bommer 3040 CVT transmission tractor. I have 100 hours on it. At 85 hours the tractor was a run-away. Literally, it would speed up to 13.5 miles per hour and I had no control. The only way to stop the tractor was to shift it into N. WOW! The tractor sat as the dealer for 59 days where the dealer was working with New Holland to fix the problem. I was told the same thing, "that’s what warranty is for". They finally replaced a $5000 part and it works. Ever since the repairs I now have a leak; the dealer has tried to fix it 2 times without success. This tractor is used around the land next to buildings, by my wife and kids. No one trusts the tractor. New Holland proposed an extended warranty package. I now have 20 hours of use on the fix and have anxiety about the reliability and safety of the equipment. The dealer said a replacment tractor would cost me around $4,000 dollars. Why is it my fault......... Other than that I really liked the functionality of the tractor when it is working!
you used the tractor for 100 hours so they are not going to give you another one for free.
If they offered you the extended warranty coverage for free, take it.
Who's to say if you got another tractor, same brand or different brand you wouldn't have a similar problem with it.
Just like any thing mechanical, at any point in time some thing can go wrong when your using it.

/ New Holland Boomer 40 problems. #10  
Well what is the latest on the boomer 40, everything going good now?