Kiki Injection Pump 1900 ford

/ Kiki Injection Pump 1900 ford #1  

1900freddy

Lorain County Ohio Just west of Cleveland
Tractor
1900 Ford Compact 4x4
Been doing some fluid changing. I got to the injection pump. My owners manual shows drain and level plug for the injection pump. Mine does not have any plugs. Anybody with knowlege about how to change oil on this Kiki injection pump? Is it necessary to change oil since there are no plugs?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Kiki Injection Pump.JPG
    Kiki Injection Pump.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 3,105
   / Kiki Injection Pump 1900 ford #2  
We had several threads about the subject matter. Do a search and many will pop up. The injector oil capacity is 2 oz and you can loosen the back plate a little bit, don't take it off, shim it open a little and the oil will drain out. Once all oil is drained out measure 2 oz of same engine oil you are using and fill it from the fill point on top with a small funnel. If engine is warm oil will flow easier, can also shoot a bit of compressed air from top to help expel the oil from the bottom. Drilling two holes where drain and level holes are and tap with two screws is another option. make sure no filing is left behind. first option might be better.

JC,

click below for everything you want to know and then some !

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...njector-pump.html?highlight=1700+injector+oil

Been doing some fluid changing. I got to the injection pump. My owners manual shows drain and level plug for the injection pump. Mine does not have any plugs. Anybody with knowlege about how to change oil on this Kiki injection pump? Is it necessary to change oil since there are no plugs?

Thank you!

/ Kiki Injection Pump 1900 ford
We had several threads about the subject matter. Do a search and many will pop up. The injector oil capacity is 2 oz and you can loosen the back plate a little bit, don't take it off, shim it open a little and the oil will drain out. Once all oil is drained out measure 2 oz of same engine oil you are using and fill it from the fill point on top with a small funnel. If engine is warm oil will flow easier, can also shoot a bit of compressed air from top to help expel the oil from the bottom. Drilling two holes where drain and level holes are and tap with two screws is another option. make sure no filing is left behind. first option might be better.

JC,

click below for everything you want to know and then some !

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...njector-pump.html?highlight=1700+injector+oil

Hi JC,
Thank you! I read that injector pump thread previously. I was wondering if the pumps that have no plugs to drain and fill maybe had lubrication from engine oil through some sort of passage. If no one responds as to engine oil lubrication, I will loosen the cover plate screws and drain and fill it like was suggested.

/ Kiki Injection Pump 1900 ford #4  
Howdy Fredy,

That injector pump "does not" share any oil from crankcase or any other secret passage way in your case. it is only connected to the back of the timing gear cover with the pump shaft and a gear (driven with camshaft/ crankshaft gears). You can go to NH website and see the timing cover innards although it does not show injector pump in details. There is a spring behind the cover with a governor assembly. Don't take the whole cover off as not to mess with spring location. You need to open it just a crack to dump the oil. I think the pump without holes drilled out were made on Friday shift before quitting time. I think a few guys went a head with drill and tap on their pump.

JC,

Hi JC,
Thank you! I read that injector pump thread previously. I was wondering if the pumps that have no plugs to drain and fill maybe had lubrication from engine oil through some sort of passage. If no one responds as to engine oil lubrication, I will loosen the cover plate screws and drain and fill it like was suggested.

Hi JC,
Thank you! I will crack the cover plate to drain oil. My owners manual actually says approx 5 oz rather than 2 oz. Since the manual also says it has drain holes, 5 oz is probably bogus too. I sent an email to Bosch to ask them about the KIKI pump. Probably won't get an answer but if I do I will post it.

Howdy Fredy,

That injector pump "does not" share any oil from crankcase or any other secret passage way in your case. it is only connected to the back of the timing gear cover with the pump shaft and a gear (driven with camshaft/ crankshaft gears). You can go to NH website and see the timing cover innards although it does not show injector pump in details. There is a spring behind the cover with a governor assembly. Don't take the whole cover off as not to mess with spring location. You need to open it just a crack to dump the oil. I think the pump without holes drilled out were made on Friday shift before quitting time. I think a few guys went a head with drill and tap on their pump.

JC,

/ Kiki Injection Pump 1900 ford #6  
Hi Freddy,

Your probably need NSA to do a document search in order for you to find any info on the kiki pump. I actually did look for it and found something. I'll post it if I can dig it up. Do use a hair drier to just warm up the injector pump( don't cook it) so the oil will drain easily and completely along with a shot of air from the top. Dump it in something that you can measure, maybe use a measuring cup. That would be a good tell tale if 5 or 2 Oz. too much oil and when the pump heats up can damage seals pretty bad. What you have in there is a cam shaft with lobes that causes reciprocation of a piston body forcing small amount of fuel to the injectors.

JC,

PS, like I promised,

http://www.zexel.com/inline_pumps_k.htm

Hi JC,
Thank you! I will crack the cover plate to drain oil. My owners manual actually says approx 5 oz rather than 2 oz. Since the manual also says it has drain holes, 5 oz is probably bogus too. I sent an email to Bosch to ask them about the KIKI pump. Probably won't get an answer but if I do I will post it.

Hi JC,
Thank you!
I will contact NSA or probably they will contact me:). I will catch all the oil I get out of the injector, measure it and put just a touch more than what I get out. I looked at your link. I wish they would allow downloading the parts and description. Oh Well!

Hi Freddy,

Your probably need NSA to do a document search in order for you to find any info on the kiki pump. I actually did look for it and found something. I'll post it if I can dig it up. Do use a hair drier to just warm up the injector pump( don't cook it) so the oil will drain easily and completely along with a shot of air from the top. Dump it in something that you can measure, maybe use a measuring cup. That would be a good tell tale if 5 or 2 Oz. too much oil and when the pump heats up can damage seals pretty bad. What you have in there is a cam shaft with lobes that causes reciprocation of a piston body forcing small amount of fuel to the injectors.

JC,

PS, like I promised,

ZEXEL

/ Kiki Injection Pump 1900 ford #8  
Freddy,

Remember 5th amendment should NSA decides to knock on your door:eek::D

By the way you can and they do allow download of each page from NH website. if nothing else you can do a print dump in to a PDF file and save in a folder for future use. I do have all PDF of parts breakdown for my Ford 1700 that CNH has on their website. You'll need a PDF emulator and there are bunch of freeware out there, cute pdf or pfd creator are two of them. Good idea of measure and put back. I'm curious to see how much you got in there.

JC,

Hi JC,
Thank you!
I will contact NSA or probably they will contact me:). I will catch all the oil I get out of the injector, measure it and put just a touch more than what I get out. I looked at your link. I wish they would allow downloading the parts and description. Oh Well!