TBN coding errors with an

/ TBN coding errors with an #1  

Dfixit1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240HSTC-3
Every time I post something with an apostrophe ‘ and post it there is a coding error that does some weird translations.
Is anyone going to fix this error?
You can see it in anyones posting, as it does this...
Don稚 dont
Isn稚 isnt
Couldn稚 couldnt

/ TBN coding errors with an #2  
Use a regular apostrophe like this '.

If you use a curly or smart apostrophe it can cause problems. Some smartphones and computer OSes will automatically convert your regular apostrophes to curly apostrophes, and the forum software doesn't deal with it well. You can normally turn that off in keyboard or autocorrect or autofill preferences.

/ TBN coding errors with an #3  
It isn't a coding issue as much as it is a font issue. Some fonts do not have every variant of character. When you enter a character with one font that doesn't have an equivalent in another, weird stuff happens.

/ TBN coding errors with an #4  
Prior discussions on this topic suggest that posting from IOS devices using the website will show the problem, but using the app will not. I am just stubborn enough to keep using the website via safari and avoid using contractions.

/ TBN coding errors with an #5  
It isn't a coding issue as much as it is a font issue. Some fonts do not have every variant of character. When you enter a character with one font that doesn't have an equivalent in another, weird stuff happens.

It is not a font issue if I use the same font everywhere else without difficulty.

/ TBN coding errors with an
It is not a font issue if I use the same font everywhere else without difficulty.

Yes its a font coding issue, the publishing software isnt compatible with iOS.
Newer publishing software is compatible with most operating systems and it would prevent this. Its kinda a pain with spell check, but ive learned to proof read and remove the apostrophe. No big deal until you try to read some posts and it is littered with the coding issue.

/ TBN coding errors with an #7  
Yes its a font coding issue, the publishing software isnt compatible with iOS.
Newer publishing software is compatible with most operating systems and it would prevent this. Its kinda a pain with spell check, but ive learned to proof read and remove the apostrophe. No big deal until you try to read some posts and it is littered with the coding issue.

FYI...It's got nothing to do with ios...I post with both Linux and several versions of windoze...makes no difference...In my opinion it's caused by a PHP or a SQL parse error...there is also an issue parsing URI's that have "0's"...

/ TBN coding errors with an
FYI...It's got nothing to do with ios...I post with both Linux and several versions of windoze...makes no difference...In my opinion it's caused by a PHP or a SQL parse error...there is also an issue parsing URI's that have "0's"...
Then why does it do it it with straight apostrophe on my IPad and my iPhone with current updates but not a Win10 computer?

/ TBN coding errors with an #9  
Then why does it do it it with straight apostrophe on my IPad and my iPhone with current updates but not a Win10 computer?
This issue has been around for several years and there have been several previous threads on the problem...there is no catch-all that isolates the issue to an o/s or device etc...

There are examples of a post using apostrophes display with no issue but when quoted (i.e., the text never leaves the server...except from database server to http server (via PHP)) it displays with the apostrophe error...

/ TBN coding errors with an #10  
--------------------------
...there is also an issue parsing URI's that have "0's"...

When the zero is dropped from a URI in my post, I click "Edit Post" and key in the missing zero, then click "Save".

I sometimes correct the messed up apostrophe in a quote the same way.