1/4 inching valve on Kubota B2320

/ 1/4 inching valve on Kubota B2320 #1  

HillStreet

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650HST. Kubota Z125S
I am not understanding how the 1/4 inch valve function works on this tractor. I move the lever to the position shown in the operators manual and the 3PH raises rapidly several inches. I operate the lever to the stop very quickly but it still raises too high. Is there an adjustment or different method to use? Thanks

/ 1/4 inching valve on Kubota B2320 #2  
You pulse it. it works as advertised. It takes some getting used to finding the float on a FEL and likewise, it takes some practice to pulse the 3 pt lever and pick up the implement. Theoretically, that is what is represented by the interior, shorter slot. Look at the lever again. You'll see that yes, the lever can go all the way up and all the way down. That's for full up or full down. But notice the slot also has a shorter slot. That represents the bump or pulse travel. I do it without much thought, just a fast, flicking action.

Mine has always worked dead on from day one. Others have reported that their unit needed a wee bit of adjusting on the stops in the smaller, 1/4" slot. Once you practice a bit, you notice your rear implement pulse upward or downward, just a bit, with each pulse. Practice on the driveway with a heavier, larger implement.

Again, one you master it and it is dialed in right, it works perfectly.

/ 1/4 inching valve on Kubota B2320 #4  

Yup, those are good threads where this field has been previously plowed. Thanks for putting them up again. I honestly think a guy just need to put an implement on the back, stay in the driveway and just get a feel for how the 1/4" bumping works. It is something visual and you can even "feel" it once you actually get the hang of it. The system works much better on a B than a BX but that is largely, I think, due to better levers, that's all. Again, it absolutely works as advertised.

If I am plowing along and I need to raise the plow (potato plow) for some reason or lower it, I can do two or three quick pulses and I'm confident I've plunged the potato plow down 1/4" for each pulse. Same with the rear blade plowing snow yesterday. If I hear the unmistakeable sound of the blade hitting down to the gravel, a quick pulse or two and the rear blade pulses upward and the gravel sound is gone, as the plow has been tensioned upward a half inch.

I tap my FEL lever too, with a similar action and it also just pulses up or down as desired. Quite similar, really. It's a lot more zen than anything else, I guess. :)

/ 1/4 inching valve on Kubota B2320 #5  
I am not understanding how the 1/4 inch valve function works on this tractor. I move the lever to the position shown in the operators manual and the 3PH raises rapidly several inches. I operate the lever to the stop very quickly, but it still raises too high. Is there an adjustment or different method to use? Thanks

There is an adjustment on the stops, on the inner position of the metal stops that are locked into the plastic lever guides there's a lock bolt that lets you slide them back and forth. With the lever in the middle with no tension move it lightly either way until you just feel and hear the hydros starting to move, this is where you want the metal stop locked down. Now repeat for the other direction. Now when you quickly bump your lever and release it against the stop you should get a small amount of movement from the 3ph. If you need a little more movement just loosen the bolt and slide the stop out a little further. It sounds like yours were never set correctly and are letting the lever get the valve open further than needed.

/ 1/4 inching valve on Kubota B2320 #6  
The 1/4" valve is very useful when using a moldboard plow or spreading a load of dirt from a filled box blade.

The nut head which controls friction of notched pieces, whereby you set position of slots, is 10mm. Nutddriver on top, finger as holding wrench underneath. I keep a 10mm nutdriver in my pocket.

Merry Chistmas to you. Wishing you enough rain in the New Yeak, but not too much.

Last edited:
   / 1/4 inching valve on Kubota B2320
Great replies, thank you all. Clearly mine is not adjusted right (and never has been) because even a very fast bump raises the 3PH up several inches. I will make the adjustment in a day or so because busy with Christmas now. Merry Christmas everybody.

/ 1/4 inching valve on Kubota B2320 #8  
You pulse it. it works as advertised. It takes some getting used to finding the float on a FEL and likewise, it takes some practice to pulse the 3 pt lever and pick up the implement. Theoretically, that is what is represented by the interior, shorter slot. Look at the lever again. You'll see that yes, the lever can go all the way up and all the way down. That's for full up or full down. But notice the slot also has a shorter slot. That represents the bump or pulse travel. I do it without much thought, just a fast, flicking action.

Mine has always worked dead on from day one. Others have reported that their unit needed a wee bit of adjusting on the stops in the smaller, 1/4" slot. Once you practice a bit, you notice your rear implement pulse upward or downward, just a bit, with each pulse. Practice on the driveway with a heavier, larger implement.

Again, one you master it and it is dialed in right, it works perfectly.

^^^^^^^^Yep, what he said^^^^^^^^