TROY BILT HORSE BELTS

/ TROY BILT HORSE BELTS #1  

littlebrother2

Tractor
honda rt5000-5013
i have a troy bilt horse tiller..i can't find the model number anywhere and nobody around here can tell me..HELP!.i need either the model # or the reverse belt size (i need the reverse belt)..can send pix if you email me @ klkokkonen@yahoo.com

. TILLER 001.JPGTILLER 002.JPGTILLER 003.JPGTILLER 001.JPGTILLER 005.JPGTILLER 006.JPG

/ TROY BILT HORSE BELTS #2  
I have one, about 30 years old. It does not use a belt for reverse. Reversing is done by lifting part of the assembly to loosen the drive belt and driving the transmission directly on a rubber rimmed disc attached to the drive pulley. The only belt listed in the parts list is part number 9245, called the forward drive belt. That disc part number is 1919. The manual refers only to "PTO Horse Model," no number that I can find.

/ TROY BILT HORSE BELTS #3  
Like Reb said no reverse belt, rubber disc is reverse. the model number was on a sticker on the rear of the tine cover. Parts numbers listed are still available just put a GW- in front of the part numbers.

/ TROY BILT HORSE BELTS #4  
I have a newer model but it looks the same in the belt area.
Mine uses only one belt but there are 2 pulleys, high and low speed. You have to move the belt to change.
There is also the high and low shift lever.
As stated, for reverse the engine pulley is dropped down to hit the rubber coated drive pulley.
If you google you can find an owners manual to explain.
I bought a new HD belt at TSC.

/ TROY BILT HORSE BELTS #5  
That Horse is a 4 speed, it uses only one belt.
The belt MUST come from Troy-Bilt,, or it will not last long.
The special belt is well worth the $$.

(The Horse that used 2 belts was the 2-speed model)

/ TROY BILT HORSE BELTS #6  
There may be a bolt with lock nut missing from the spring between the 2 guide rods for the engine, keeps from burning the reverse disk up.

David

/ TROY BILT HORSE BELTS #7  
Everyone is giving you the correct advice. I have the Tecumseh engine but sure do like the Kohler like you have. Yours seems to be a repaint but still looks good. Very nice.

/ TROY BILT HORSE BELTS #8  
I have an '82 Horse. It has a single belt on a double pulley(high/low) system for going forward. To reverse, you lower the engine down on a rubber rimed pulley. After 35+ years mine needs help going backwards. Would help, I'm sure, if I got a new reverse pulley. Otherwise its still a bucking, raring beast of a machine.

BTW - I found Gates belts that work just fine.

/ TROY BILT HORSE BELTS #9  
Brother, the two belt numbers are part #1128, Belts-"V", pair, tiller serial #'s 2731 to 314150, two speed tillers. Earlier tillers used a single #1128 belt & #1007 pulley. This info is from Master parts catalog for Horse Model from the year 1979. Hope this info helps, Bob

/ TROY BILT HORSE BELTS
Brother, the two belt numbers are part #1128, Belts-"V", pair, tiller serial #'s 2731 to 314150, two speed tillers. Earlier tillers used a single #1128 belt & #1007 pulley. This info is from Master parts catalog for Horse Model from the year 1979. Hope this info helps, Bob
\
THANKS EVERYBODY!..just ordered the friction disc (which it uses) on that "E-BA" websight,for 17.00..my local shop wanted 65.00 for the "kit"(?)guess that comes with a bunch of extra parts?..thanks again...k.