kioti ck3510se hst pto not switching on

/ kioti ck3510se hst pto not switching on #11  
Dtrosch, this is becoming more an electric problem than a hydraulic issue. If I remember correctly, there is a box on the right side of your transmission, and that yellow electronic PTO switch leads directly to that box and trips a solenoid that engages your PTO clutch. The problem is either in your solenoid box or electrical connections leading up to the box. Get a wiring diagram and workshop manual for your tractor.

/ kioti ck3510se hst pto not switching on
Thanks all. Hopefully I can find where my wife stowed away the owners manual and can get to tracing through the electric system. I'll update when I have made progress.

/ kioti ck3510se hst pto not switching on #13  
Are you sure the switch is engaging - there is a cheap plastic nut holding the assembly to the fender - the yellow knob prevents it from falling through so if the nut splits the knob pushes down does not turn - move the switch if it moves up / down then lift the yellow knob off, you will see the plastic nut, if it's split it will need to be replaced.....

Ok, I just got back a little while ago from the property. Here is a little more info:

The fuse box had both a 5 amp fuse and a larger black cube both listed as PTO on the fuse box lid diagram. I pulled each out and looked carefully and neither one looked blown or unusual. This makes me think its not a blown fuse.

The tractor WOULD START when the PTO switch was indicating "off", and WOULD NOT start when the PTO switch was indicating "on." This functions as it did before and makes me think its not the switch or the wiring.

Everything else worked as is should--FEL, 3 point hitch, top and tilt, lights, etc.

I didn't have time today to do much more, but will be back up in the next several days depending on the weather. I'll also call the tractor dealership to see what they think. I'm an easy hour away from the dealership and will have to rent a trailer or pay to have them pick it up if I have them take over. I found the manual and will go through it carefully for any mentions of what else to check.

Thanks again for looking and your recommendations and thoughts.

/ kioti ck3510se hst pto not switching on #17  
I have a 3510 se hst and had this “problem”. Be sure the pto manual/auto switch on the dash is set to manual. AUTO kills the pto whenever you raise the 3pt some amount (I don’t know how far, it just does) for things like tilling.

After my dealer did the 50 hr service I panicked that my pto wouldn’t engage. Tried tracing wiring, searching tbn, you name it - then I found someone had hit the switch and it was in AUTO so by design it kept the pto off with my implement slightly raised. Flick of the switch cured it!

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...after-post5667396.html?highlight=#post5667396

Last edited:
   / kioti ck3510se hst pto not switching on #18  
I have a 3510 se hst and had this “problem”. Be sure the pto manual/auto switch on the dash is set to manual. AUTO kills the pto whenever you raise the 3pt some amount (I don’t know how far, it just does) for things like tilling.

After my dealer did the 50 hr service I panicked that my pto wouldn’t engage. Tried tracing wiring, searching tbn, you name it - then I found someone had hit the switch and it was in AUTO so by design it kept the pto off with my implement slightly raised. Flick of the switch cured it!

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...after-post5667396.html?highlight=#post5667396

I think I remember this topic.... It was funny after you found it. Not funny as in "ha ha", but funny as in how the simplest things can confound us and cause problems. I've been known to do that more often than I'd like to admit. Hopefully that's the case here!

I think I remember this topic.... It was funny after you found it. Not funny as in "ha ha", but funny as in how the simplest things can confound us and cause problems. I've been known to do that more often than I'd like to admit. Hopefully that's the case here!

After a call to Rockingham NH/Kioti in Harrisonburg, where I got the tractor, the service manager researched it and called me back to check if this was it. I went back to the tractor last Monday, and the tractor would not start and flashed the dash lights. I came back here and elsewhere and saw discussions about a CK35 and it turned out to be corrosion between the battery and grounding wires. I went back out Tuesday and cleaned terminals and charged the battery, and still same flashing. This time I noticed ERR 002 and ERR 006 (or was it 008). I called the service manager back and he told me it should come in for repairs. I now have that scheduled for next Tuesday.

So, I have not been able to check to see if its the auto switch that is stopping the PTO, but I'm going to bet it might be since my son was driving it last and it was in the AUTO position. That said, I'm on to the other problems now.

At least dropping off my daughter at college (Penn State) yesterday went well! Thanks All. I will update in a couple of weeks when I get the tractor back.