Hydro fan

/ Hydro fan #1  

uhoh

Tractor
old Ferguson
The drive belt on my GT 1554 breaks or comes off often. When that happens it always breaks the plastic fan sitting on top of the transaxle. Can I get a metal fan, or just leave the fan off? Has anybody tried leaving it off, and if so did the trans overheat?

/ Hydro fan #2  
the fan needs to be there for cooling. I would check the transmission supports to make sure they are all connected and the transmission isn't tilting.

/ Hydro fan #3  
The drive belt on my GT 1554 breaks or comes off often. When that happens it always breaks the plastic fan sitting on top of the transaxle. Can I get a metal fan, or just leave the fan off? Has anybody tried leaving it off, and if so did the trans overheat?
Definitely need the fan to keep the unit cool. I'v seen several of these models with the front brackets broken and the transaxle twisting and breaking the frame tabs / mounts, which lets the belt slip off and it take out the fan.

/ Hydro fan #4  
Might I suggest you buy a cub cadet 2544 or 2554

/ Hydro fan #5  
How about investigating the pulleys and see why it's falling off, these pulleys have guides on them that keep the belt on track and running true if your belt is falling off or breaking you have a problem somewhere